Ventus & Townhomes @ Metrogate (Tridel) - Real Estate -

EXgeMMy

Member Bio
Reaction score
went to the grand opening today with a friend. There was a pretty healthy line up of people.

The 1A priced at $199,000 was gone before people even got in line.

EXgeMMy ... it appears many of the lower priced units were "pre-booked" by agents during the earlier Broker events in the past week or two, unfortunate for us public but its a typical practice by most builders

prices up $10K since opening. No thread in RE section yet, so thought I'd mention it here.

prices up $10K since opening. No thread in RE section yet, so thought I'd mention it here.

It's typical for builders to raise prices after opening, but I'm just suprised they raised the prices so quickly ... considering the 'official opening' was Nov 15 and the prices went up on Nov 18 (only 3 days!)

Solaris prices were also raised after the 'official opening', but at least in that case they left the initial pricing unchanged for about 3 weeks ~

Last edited by a moderator:
It's typical for builders to raise prices after opening, but I'm just suprised they raised the prices so quickly ... considering the 'official opening' was Nov 15 and the prices went up on Nov 18 (only 3 days!)

Solaris prices were also raised after the 'official opening', but at least in that case they left the initial pricing unchanged for about 3 weeks ~

They did it with Reve also. After opening weekend each unit went up by about $12K

I think the towns are a bit pricey now that they have been upped to $400K. You can get a freehold bungalow around Kennedy/Sheppard for the same price.

The prices are still decent for Solaris/Ventus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email announcing Ventus 2, to be available in July. $199,900 and up.
I actually like the location, despite not being in the prime "central" area or downtown.

It's interesting to note that when phase 1 of Ventus went for sale in October of last year units started at $199K.

No price increase?

When Ventus was first released that $199K price was only available for 1 unit and sold before anyone even got to the office. After opening weekend they upped all prices by $12K

Dug around a little on Tridel's site:

Ventus 2 At Metrogate

1X 483 1 bedroom, north view
1A 557 1 bedroom, east view
1B+D 625 1 bedroom + den, east view
1C+D 656 1 bedroom + den, west view
2Y 620 2 bedroom, north and east view
2Z 674 2 bedroom, west view
2B 753 2 bedroom, east view
2D+D 807 2 bedroom + den, west view
2E+D 838 2 bedroom + den, south-west view
2F+D 840 2 bedroom + den, south-east view

So $199,900 for 483 sq feet. Was 1A just as small in Ventus 1?

1A was actually 557sq ft.

But based on the info you have it looks like the plates may be the same as Ventus 1 but there was never a 1X

http://www.tridel.com/metrogate/ventus-prices.pdf

I gather Suite 1X was created in order to offer the "starting from $199,900" price ... in effect the PSF price has been increased, but a smaller unit was created just to maintain the lower starting price impression

OMG ... 2 bedroom in 620 sq.ft. (2Y) ? what has the world come to ?? shoe boxes !!

My guess is that Ventus 2 will be the mirror image (N-S flipped) of Ventus 1, with modifications in the floorplate to eliminate 2A, 2C and 2Q/3A in order to create smaller units (1X, 2Y, 2Z) ... is this how Tridel adapting to changing markets :confused:

2c_key.gif

I've just recieved info on Ventus 2 ... it has been released to Preferred Brokers, so anyone that's interested you should contact your agent

suprisingly Ventus 2's new unit designs (1X, 2Y, 2Z) are in fact pretty decent looking and functional even though they are tiny in size

compared with the Ventus 1's floor plate above, Ventus 2 is a vertical flip/mirror image but eliminated Suites 2A + 2C + 3A ... 2/3 of old 2A was converted to a smaller 1C1+D unit, 1/3 of old 2A and 2/3 of old 2C was converted to create the 2Z (674 ft2) northwest corner unit with only west facing windows, 1/3 of old 2C and 1/3 of old 3A was converted to create the 1X (483 ft2) north facing unit, and the remaining 2/3 of old 3A was converted to the 2Y (620 ft2) northeast corner unit

as ridiculously small as these units are, I actually quite like the 1X and 2Y layouts ~ :D

I just went to the sales office (as preferred broker) to see Ventus 2 today. The model suite looks great - I absolutely love the deep, modern soaker tub, I was told that it's a standard tub, so not bad. I also like the fact that the West facing units are overlooking a park, and that there are not too many suites on one floor. And ya, I agree the units are all tiny. But I guess this strategy might work for investors as well. I found that in the resale market, a smaller, slightly lower price 2 bedroom, 2 bath units is usually easier to sell compare to a higher price, larger 2 bedroom 2 bath unit, if both units have decent layout.

The model suite is in fact recycled from Solaris and represents Solaris' 2A suite floorplan ... when Tridel launched Ventus 1, they simply went in and replaced/downgraded certain elements (cabinets, carpet, appliances) in the model suite such that it reflects Ventus' standard features

Ventus 2 now released

http://www.tridel.com/ventus/

Although small, but I do the layouts of these 2 floorplans which are smart designs IMO:

Suite 1X - 483 sq.ft. - from $199,900
1x_floor.gif

Suite 2Y - 620 sq.ft. - from $258,000
2y_floor.gif

Ventus 2's floorplate
2y_key.gif

Back