Thompson Residences (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Member Bio
Reaction score
Expect something unique and different for 621 with new updated thinking about design, usage, street approach, lifestyle and functionality of living, putting the resident back in the centre of the attention and providing with luxurious yet sensible fittings, features and finishes.

Remember, as land runs out on the strip FREED will "kick it up a notch" and give King St. the final and grand showdown of lifestyle-inspired design. This is a relatively large lot (although not a corner one), providing the architect/designer flexibility in thinking and design.

Featured and finishes should come to match. expect designer and uber-designer fittings. Top of the line of everything, kitchens, floors, baths, down to the hardware.

And since the limited number of units - you can't throw a tower on King St - product is limited, location great and price reflecting the limited supply, high design, desired location and uniqueness of the project.

I have yet to see any renderings or floorplans but I am confident this one will become a landmark in mid-lo residential design and architecture, for years to come.

we'll be posting more information on our site shortly.

Expect something unique and different for 621 with new updated thinking about design, usage, street approach, lifestyle and functionality of living, putting the resident back in the centre of the attention and providing with luxurious yet sensible fittings, features and finishes.

Remember, as land runs out on the strip FREED will "kick it up a notch" and give King St. the final and grand showdown of lifestyle-inspired design. This is a relatively large lot (although not a corner one), providing the architect/designer flexibility in thinking and design.

Featured and finishes should come to match. expect designer and uber-designer fittings. Top of the line of everything, kitchens, floors, baths, down to the hardware.

And since the limited number of units - you can't throw a tower on King St - product is limited, location great and price reflecting the limited supply, high design, desired location and uniqueness of the project.

I have yet to see any renderings or floorplans but I am confident this one will become a landmark in mid-lo residential design and architecture, for years to come.

we'll be posting more information on our site shortly.

While I do think that the design will likely be kicked up a notch because of the choice of architects, there is no shortage of development land on King in this area. As usual, you are way over the top on trying to promote this selfishly as "last opportunity".

Overheard at King St. W. pub tonight from a Freed insider....expect $700 psf starting price for this development.:eek:

Wow, if this is indeed the case, that will be a new benchmark for west of spadina for a large multi-unit condo on King St. W. It better be awesome.

Overheard at King St. W. pub tonight from a Freed insider....expect $700 psf starting price for this development.:eek:

Wow, if this is indeed the case, that will be a new benchmark for west of spadina for a large multi-unit condo on King St. W. It better be awesome.

A friend of mine mentioned to me that a unit in 455 Adelaide (on Morrison) recently sold for $660 a square foot. So $700 a square foot does not surprise me, nor would $700 or even $800 if it is to be some sort of "last opportunity" (whatever that means).

that's the word on the street

to the children who post negs hiding behind pseudonyms - "whatever"

if i was not a licensed realtor, you'd all take my word very differently...

get over your knee-jerk reaction to people in the business and start thinking independently... you are infatuated with real estate yet love to hate the people who make it happen.

if you believe it'll be $700/sqft that is because... location... supply and demand... and lifestyle/design, which is what i hinted at.

this post is about the project... please spare the members of the forum your masked reactions. if you are smart you'll realize the information i have is very useful and actually try to have a real productive conversation here.

there is a lot of great stuff on the site, too bad some kids kill it for everyone else.

show your names and show your faces and i am sure you will think twice betore clicking the submit button. and if you can't - learn to respect other people's opinions.

nuff said. back to work.

ps. the architect is not core.

Last edited by a moderator:
to the children who post negs hiding behind pseudonyms - "whatever"

Well, since I had the word "whatever" in my post, I thought I'd raise the issue again - what do you mean by land running out on the "strip" (and by strip, I assume you mean King)?

Could this mean that this is Freed's last building? Has he run out of land to develop?

Otherwise, there are still plenty of development opportunities in the vicinity. I just hope that they don't all turn out to be all condos. The neighbouhood could use some more services, storefronts and other establishments that will make the area more diverse and attractive.

By the way Yossi, every building has a limited number of units. Every building.

I believe in this neighbourhood but putting down $700 a square foot here or anywhere is just asking for trouble.

I am starting to think that this development may be marketed more "Mondrian" than Freed. Just a hunch if they are going to look for that kind of pricing.

If Freed hopes to get $700 as a starting price he better have sales up and running by May at the latest. If he waits any longer than that I think he'll have a very very very hard time selling it at that price and will have to drop it closer to $550.

If Freed hopes to get $700 as a starting price he better have sales up and running by May at the latest. If he waits any longer than that I think he'll have a very very very hard time selling it at that price and will have to drop it closer to $550.

Just curious as to how you arrive at this conclusion? Are you possibly suggesting that the possibility of inflation will eat into his prices?

It might be that Freed is going to market this product at people who have the money to spend. This building is not likely to be aimed at first-time buyers. That's what Fashion House is for - with its huge catalogue of one bedroom units.

Just curious as to how you arrive at this conclusion? Are you possibly suggesting that the possibility of inflation will eat into his prices?

It might be that Freed is going to market this product at people who have the money to spend. This building is not likely to be aimed at first-time buyers. That's what Fashion House is for - with its huge catalogue of one bedroom units.

pricing isn't the only way to market to people with $$$.

instead of a project consisting of 60% small 1 bedroom units ranging from 450-550 SF, he could always increase the minimum size of the units and the unit type composition.

who here remembers when 1 bedroom units were 650 SF minimum - only 5 years ago;
or 800 SF minimum - about 15 years ago.

Back