Toronto Cloud9 Condominiums | ?m | 12s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

The name of the project is quite misleading. I got the imporession that "live among the clouds" was inferring a tall building but sadly it is a mere 13 floors.

cloud9.jpg

The name of the project is quite misleading. I got the imporession that "live among the clouds" was inferring a tall building but sadly it is a mere 13 floors.

Those that are familiar with the expression would know that it means being happy and blissful, not 20,000 feet in the air. I was not mislead by the name, and I think 13 storeys is appropriate.

I did not say 13 stories was inappropriate. What I meant was - generally - clouds are are high in the sky, for those who don't know where clouds usually are, and typically "living among the clouds" would infer a taller building.

I like the design of the building though. It's better thought out than other proposals we have seen lately.

I think this is a great looking building, especially for this area. Its nothing unique, architecturally speaking....but I think it has some interesting geometry to it. I'm hoping the yellow accents look bright and complimentary to all the glass. Hopefully this building will set a precedent for the area and bring more appropriate intensification here.

I'd like to see those three story walk up apartments south of Esther Lorrie and west of Kipling go. They are a complete waste of space and do nothing for the streetscape. Perhaps those can be replaced by street level retail and midrise buildings along kipling. This condo definitely brings some hope for this area.

Back