Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone here posted on the application to build a 57 story tower at Y&E North/East side? Bazis has started this discussion. It would be taller than Minto.

from the article: "A proposal surfaced last month, which would see a condo higher than the Minto Tower built at the northeast corner of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. "

Sounds like this news is about a month old! Did anyone else know anything about this? Curious how it could have evaded everyone for so long :) haha

Being that it's right at the corner, and with the proposed height increase of the RioCan buildings, as well as the precedent set by Minto, I think that a 57 storey tower should easily fit in well. Whether the community sees it that way could be a very different story.

I've long thought that corner was a logical spot for intensification of this area -- the low-rise buildings there are pretty crappy.

here we go again with Bazis ~ :rolleyes:

nonetheless, I do look forward to the development of this corner, it would certainly be an eye catcher, the proposed height sure sounds interesting ~

This is one heck of a corner. It will be the crossroads of two subway lines shortly and as there is no real residential homes nearby, 57 stories or more should not be an issue.

I wonder if they're going to recycle their plans for One Bloor East.

haha, can you imagine a proposal for 80 floors? the community would go nuts!

Although I personally think the corner could use a really tall landmark tower right at the corner of what will soon be the crossroads of two major subway lines.

I can see the entire strip of Yonge between Soudan & Davisville being almost totally redeveloped. It's a bit of a dead zone but really shouldn't be, considering it's proximity to two subway stations and the shopping and entertainment hub at Eglinton.

^ I agree, I've walked down that stretch a couple times and there's definitely a lot of redevelopment opportunity. What about right above the rail corridor? Could that not be a good opportunity for the TTC to sell their air rights, and for developers to put up some medium rise buildings?

“When we discuss one development, we have to consider how the junction works,” he said. A primary concern is establishing an open public space at the intersection, Matlow said, especially since the public square at the northwest corner will be lost as part of the RioCan redevelopment.

What's Rio Can going to do to the public square at the northwest corner?

I grew up at Yonge and Eglinton and lived and worked there for 35 years. I think the building will fit in fine.

Curious how much a parking spot will cost in that building though. I hear they are quite expensive in the Minto buildings (anyone know how much?) There is almost zero parking at Yonge and Eg.

What's Rio Can going to do to the public square at the northwest corner?

I grew up at Yonge and Eglinton and lived and worked there for 35 years. I think the building will fit in fine.

Curious how much a parking spot will cost in that building though. I hear they are quite expensive in the Minto buildings (anyone know how much?) There is almost zero parking at Yonge and Eg.

Rio Can is filling at least 3/4 of the space with a new retail extension.

As for Bazis... I dunno if they'll be able to top Minto in terms of a quality building.

Back