Terrace on the Danforth (Liberty) - Real Estate -

iceman416

Member Bio
Reaction score
More comments on this thread please.

What do you think of the area?

I know its pretty crappy, but do you see it getting any better after the condo is built?

Will property value increase?

They're selling a penthouse 1 Bedroom 550 square feet for 251,000. The price includes parking too.

Thoughts would be appreciate, as I'm really considering this condo.

It's not the worst place in Toronto. Being on the Danforth is a positive, and there's a great emerging scene of Ethiopian restaurants a little to the west (honestly, the food and coffee are fantastic). Also, it's close to the Dentonia Park golf course, which is a great par 3; perfect for practice rounds after work ($25 bucks for 18).

On the downside though, it's close to a lot of shady housing projects, and I find you have to be somewhat weary at night, especially around local bars. That said, it's a lot worse as you get a little farther east and up near Eglinton. You're pretty close to the subway too, which is nice, because you've got quick access to downtown. Overall I can only see this part of the Danforth becoming cleaner and more developed, though the asking of $251,000 is pushing $500 per square foot, which seems a little high.

thanks for the comments egotrippin.

I forgot to mention that the Train railway is just around the corner.

Anyone familiar with the area, will that cause a noise issue?

wow thats pretty shoty workmanship.

i purchased a unit from the in M2 at sheppard and allen from liberty and thank good my unit didn't turn out like that.

i also just purchased a unit at the terrace on danforth. the price is actually really reasonable. i paid about $425 a square foot including parking and stainless steel appliances. thats pretty good if you ask me. i was comparing prices and couldn't find anything under $500. albeit the area needs work, but i still think it was worth it.

I live not far South of this project. I would suggest passing. My neighbourhood is great, but once you hit Danforth it changes. Why not consider the new building at Danforth & Woodbine?

I live not far South of this project. I would suggest passing. My neighbourhood is great, but once you hit Danforth it changes. Why not consider the new building at Danforth & Woodbine?

Hey GraceCOndo's.

Can you elaborate about your reasons for passing on this project? I just noticed Lilly Factory town homes are releasing their units soon, but with starting prices around $425K, it sounds a much for this area.

Can you comment on this area. I find the Danforth East of Main st. it gets a bit dodgy. Around Warden / Danforth it seems like these homes would be way above the medium income.

My personal belief is that North of the tracks and East of Danforth is too sketchy. There can be violent crimes at night on the streets. South of the tracks - a totally different story.

What desirable qualities does the corner of Warden & Danforth have?

My personal belief is that North of the tracks and East of Danforth is too sketchy. There can be violent crimes at night on the streets. South of the tracks - a totally different story.

What desirable qualities does the corner of Warden & Danforth have?

I was slightly concerned about safety, I lived at Pharmacy and Danforth as a child 30 years ago, and when I drove by recently it looks exactly the same as back then. Also I recall there being quite a few government housing areas tucked near the subway tracks.

Back