Parkside Village: Residences, Grand Res., Park Res. (Amacon) - Real Estate -

PSV may look nice from the outside, but being a resident here has been less than pleasant. I would never move into a new building again... I don't know if that's the reason for all these problems, or just poorly designed and managed.

My parkside village review...

Been living here since November 2012... some cons so far...
Elevators constantly broken, 1 running, 2 if your lucky (out of 3). (Thyssen Krupp sp.)
Fire alarms sound at least weekly, sometimes daily for no apparent reason, this results in elevators not working at key times.
Parking garage is terribly designed... spots where laneways should be, lack of mirrors, it's a deathtrap. No garbage pails for first 8 months, so garbage would pileup in lot.
Annoying for guests... they have to temporarily park in the fireroute and risk getting ticketed while they run inside to get a parking pass. Then they have to go down to P1 and buzz the tenant or concierge to get to the ground level where they have to sign in on a guest sheet, then get buzzed up to the tenant's level as a fob is required for access.
Cant clean balcony/windows as water drips directly on balcony below.
Rude property management.
Lobby is mediocre looking. Nothing special.
All along front of building is fireroute, so no temporary parking, unless you want to risk a ticket, even though there is what looks to be a raised laneway for parking (No parking signs on opposite side, which has resulted in MANY arguments with the security as so signage)

Pros
Nice units, good size
Common areas cleaned well
Ammenities are nice (although pool is still not complete, and neither is outdoor ammenities. Indoor was completed about 4-6 months in.
The 28th floor had a prostitution ring, unfortunately that is no longer ahah.

elevators can probably be explained by the elevator workers strike, there has been huge repair backlogs since.

PSV may look nice from the outside, but being a resident here has been less than pleasant. I would never move into a new building again... I don't know if that's the reason for all these problems, or just poorly designed and managed.

My parkside village review...

Been living here since November 2012... some cons so far...
Elevators constantly broken, 1 running, 2 if your lucky (out of 3). (Thyssen Krupp sp.)
Fire alarms sound at least weekly, sometimes daily for no apparent reason, this results in elevators not working at key times.
Parking garage is terribly designed... spots where laneways should be, lack of mirrors, it's a deathtrap. No garbage pails for first 8 months, so garbage would pileup in lot.
Annoying for guests... they have to temporarily park in the fireroute and risk getting ticketed while they run inside to get a parking pass. Then they have to go down to P1 and buzz the tenant or concierge to get to the ground level where they have to sign in on a guest sheet, then get buzzed up to the tenant's level as a fob is required for access.
Cant clean balcony/windows as water drips directly on balcony below.
Rude property management.
Lobby is mediocre looking. Nothing special.
All along front of building is fireroute, so no temporary parking, unless you want to risk a ticket, even though there is what looks to be a raised laneway for parking (No parking signs on opposite side, which has resulted in MANY arguments with the security as so signage)

Pros
Nice units, good size
Common areas cleaned well
Ammenities are nice (although pool is still not complete, and neither is outdoor ammenities. Indoor was completed about 4-6 months in.
The 28th floor had a prostitution ring, unfortunately that is no longer ahah.

Sorry to hear you're having all those issues at PSV as it does look great from the outside. Unfortunately, this seems to be the case with many new condos (including Absolute World where I am). I'm curious how the garage is over there. I thought Absolute's was as bad as it gets. lol

Back