News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Design Opinion

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
How and where would you place a divider in this studio to separate a sleep area? or would you leave it open? what ideas do you have?. the open area seems to be like 17' 6" x 14'. the unit has 475 sq ft. I am not sure if there is any desing option to be converted to a small one jr. bedroom

Attachments

• Victory_Unit_313_last.jpg
    Victory_Unit_313_last.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
When my wife and I moved to Toronto, we had a studio very similar to this (we measured and it was 300 sq ft). If our place was this floorplan, we had a wall extended from the leftside of the bathtub down to about where the bottom of the dishwasher was. This added wall separated the kitchen from the living/bed space and allowed so many more design possibilities (with this added wall you then can put your bed on one of two walls).

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so I couldn't post this in a new thread, but hopefully some of you will find it.

I'm asking for a favour and need opinions. I am currently trying to get into a business program and part of the application requires doing a survey on your business. Mine is decorating and design so I was hoping that some of you might be interested in participating. Any help would be appreciated.
I need to get as many responses as I can back by Sept. 19 so I can compile some numbers, but anything received after that would help too (for my business plan stage--should I get accepted)
Here's the link to the questionnaire. Responses can be e-mailed to the address indicated in the pdf or here, through the forum.

http://www.roomrevival.ca/Survey/files/Decorating%20Survey%20Form.pdf

Thanks so much to those that participate. Your help is really appreciated!

Erin

I just took a look at the survey form, it does not really ask us to critic your design business, more like probing prospective clients to help your business. It does not say your business name, company website, address, nothing. Why do you need our personal information to such detail to what type of housing we live.

I opened the survey trying to help you out, now I want to write this to get a clarification of what you are doing.

Hi Diam,

I'm sorry if you found the survey misleading. And I very much appreciate you making the effort to help me out.
I am not looking for business, I am trying to get into a business program and they require a survey into order to decide wether or not my business proposal is for a viable idea.
My business is not currently operating, however, I do have a website in the works but did not post it because I felt that that would be fishing for business, which is not the point here. I just need to compile information on wether or not people would have a use for the service(s) that I am proposing.
As for the housing info, it's just for demographics to get an idea of what kind of clientele might be interested in my proposed business and if anyone is not comfortable answering that question, it's not required.

Thanks,
Erin

Sorry Marc, but as I said, as a new member, I don't have access to start my own thread. I simply posted here because I thought it was an area where some would have an interest in design. And it was a fairly dead thread--last post was the middle of June, so it's not like I was trying to highjack it or anything. Sorry if I offended.

Last edited:
An alternative to greenleaf's suggestion of building a wall is to use an open-concept bookshelf as the divider between the kitchen and the living area. By open-concept bookshelf I mean those bookshelves that are open on both sides. This makes both the kitchen and the living area bigger because you can see through the bookshelf to the other side.

Back