Toronto 500 Sheppard East | 142.4m | 41s | Bayview Sheppard | Arcadis

that office building which is in place right now looks perfectly fine. But i guess it's the only suitable land in the area for such a development.

I think there is at least one gas station in the area that could be redeveloped for a Condo. Also has the YMCA ever thought of selling its land conditional that they get space to lease in the new development. a condo on top of a ymca would work? no?

I thought i mentioned this earlier but looks like I haven't.

Developer is: Mallpaks Developments--Joseph Skapura, his office is in the current building now.

Very interesting proposal. I'm liking the architecture.

June 19
Anyone tell me what building the first photo is as that is one of the better ones I have see and not the run of the mill stuff? It looks like a ship sailing down Bayview.

This project depending on the final redenering will be a welcome addition to the area. Can't remember the last time I looked at this area.

On the south side west from the gas station, the first 6 building need to go as well a few further to the west.

Here is what the current site looks like.
5852189305_bdf106b775_b.jpg

5852192277_47aab80122_b.jpg

5852743626_dcbca958d2_b.jpg

5852741582_41068e7c72_b.jpg

5852186237_b6fb2177f7_b.jpg

That corner is an absolute embarassment. The two south corners are both gas stations, literally right across the street from a subway entrance! Seriously, if there was one corner that could be used as a visual metaphor for pitting car-oriented suburbia vs urban mass transit, this corner would be it. Some of the most prime potential TOD lands in the city, and what's on them? Two gas stations! Ugh.

This is the Arc condo, built by Daniels a couple of years ago.......great pic, btw....

5852189305_bdf106b775_b.jpg

This is the Arc condo, built by Daniels a couple of years ago.......great pic, btw....

Thanks.

I know now how to file the photos I took of it. Never got a shot from the north end and when I have some spare time, will drop by for a total shooting. It would be nice to see this a lot taller, as it has too many feature going for it.

The existing 500 Sheppard is a neat little building in circa 1980 high-tech vernacular, mini-atrium and all. But probably expendable.

Bayview & Sheppard plans raise traffic fears

A proposed 29-storey tower is simply too big for area, residents say

"Owner Mallpaks Development has applied to tear it down to make way for a tower containing 220 units as well as a connecting five-storey office building and 320 parking spaces."

“Traffic is just unbearable. This intersection has got to be one of the absolute worst in the entire city,” Shulman said. “If a 29-storey building comes in and 320 parking spaces are allocated, there are going to be 320 cars and it’s absurd to think anything other than that.”

http://www.postcity.com/Post-City-M...1/Bayview-Sheppard-plans-raise-traffic-fears/

The traffic is nuts but what do they expect to build at a major intersection with a highway a subway and a mall. Maybe the people in the area should take transit more but either way this shouldn't be a surprise. The neighbourhood better just get use to it because the two gas ions and the YMCA will be next to apply for redevelopment.

The traffic is nuts but what do they expect to build at a major intersection with a highway a subway and a mall. Maybe the people in the area should take transit more but either way this shouldn't be a surprise. The neighbourhood better just get use to it because the two gas ions and the YMCA will be next to apply for redevelopment.

I did notice an application notice a little North of Bayview and Sheppard. It is the plot just South of the Jade development. I am not sure if there is a thread for that here.

You are exactly right. This is a major intersection and a very desirable area. Traffic will always be a nightmare, especially close to the 401 during rush hour. You have NYC2 coming to the area, along with many developments just East of Bayview and West of Leslie.

I sometimes have to go to Steeles and Bayview. Bayview is backed up sometimes all the way to finch. It's not necessarily all the condos which are causing the traffic but people from the north and people trying to avoid yonge and sheppard. Of course the condos don't help but let's be real, Bayview and sheppard is a major intersection. If the residents want to get rid of the traffic they would be better off trying to get rid of the Bayview highway ramp or the 401 in general.

Yonge has Beecroft and Doris. Maybe Sheppard needs its own service road(s) between Yonge and Leslie.

Back