Reaction score
1 bed NW corner billed at 570 sqft.

5832760507_bbfec429e1_b.jpg

2 bed 2 bath/ N at 625 sqft.

5832762877_bb23306e3c_b.jpg

seems to be efficient use of space.

:)

Last edited:
1 bed NE corner billed at 570 sqft. >>> i think that's a SW exposure if i'm reading the plan right.
i really hate the 2 pillars taking up so much space and limiting the uses.
the kitchen is dead space and the dining area will be really cramped if anyone is planning to put a table + chairs as depicted.

2 bed 2 bath/ N at 625 sqft. >>> and i think this one is NW.
i like that there are no pillars in the middle of the suite.
however, who lives in 8'4" x 10'1" and 9'2" x 9'11" bedrooms ?!?!?
one can barely fit in a queen-sized bed and side tables.
good thing they have sliders for doors ... if you bought this unit, see if you can upgrade to pocket doors as the sliders on the inside will limit the use of the interior wall

2 baths for such a small unit is overkill ... personally, i would rather have larger bedrooms or living space.

if you bought this unit, see if you can upgrade to pocket doors as the sliders on the inside will limit the use of the interior wall.

Thx Cdr, Good Idea! I would definitely try to have pocket doors installed, not sure if it would be offered though.

I like the fact both of these are wide units not your typical bowling alley set up.

The 570 is a NW facing unit, most condos these days are mere glass towers, having a corner unit pretty much dictates the presence of these structural pillars, I have seen some larger units at Casa with 3-4 round pillars, the advantage of this being wall to wall glazing, lots of natural light, pillars are something one has to live with when buying a corner unit.
I agreed with you the dinning area is a little cramped, but notice how it's positioned to nicely separate the living area from the kitchen, ikea has a dinning table at 3ft. wide, would fit perfectly.
Small%20Spaces%20Dining%20Table%20and%20Chairs.jpg

Unlike the 625sqft unit, the kitchen here has ample room to work with, less chance of you backing or bumping into a table/island. With all the glazing I figure the place should feel more spacious than it actually is, love the competely private balcony too. May keep this unit as my downtown pad when I am in town, sure beats paying $250/night at the Grand across the street.

The 2 bedroom 625 sqf unit faces North, that kinda bedroom size is unfortunately becoming the norm for downtown, with ever increasing land cost downtown, buildings are getting taller while units are rapidly shrinking. Believe Peter street condos now has a 3 bedroom at 700 sqft. Having a 2nd full bathroom would be a welcome feature making the unit more attractive to a wider range of tenants if kept as a rental unit.

Last edited:
Tower Suite C is quite excellent. Beyond that it's a corner unit, the kitchen will have tons of daylight, which is always nice in the morning. I also like that a hall leads to the main part of the unit - it gives a more "entry way" feel.

Personally, I really hate condos that open into the kitchen. Often that's a somewhat cluttery space, especially with the lack of cabinets in these tiny condos. Also, in the days of yore, entering through the kitchen was for servants and other "common" people. This is because it's not a nice place for the guests to see, but it's convenient (in terms of cleaning, etc). Every time I walk into a condo and I'm in the open kitchen, I cringe inside.

Personally, I really hate condos that open into the kitchen. Often that's a somewhat cluttery space, especially with the lack of cabinets in these tiny condos. Also, in the days of yore, entering through the kitchen was for servants and other "common" people. This is because it's not a nice place for the guests to see, but it's convenient (in terms of cleaning, etc). Every time I walk into a condo and I'm in the open kitchen, I cringe inside.

Yup, unfortunately more and more condos these days have kitchens placed that way, often the kitchen is aligned on one side of the wall as you walk in, the island is right in the middle of hallway, one has to squeeze by the island to get to the living area, There are also a 1 bed+den and another larger 2 bedroom unit @ the tower level.

The 1 bed+den at 643 sqft facing NE costs some $6000 more, would you say it also opens into the kitchen? I would have taken this unit for sure but decided not to seeing the den is only 8'3"x8.5" with what looks to be walls in there the actual square footage would only be around 5'3"x8'5", which is way too small of a living space, no closet space whatsoever, not good when it comes to renting. Love all that glazing and the two separate balconys though.

5836114810_69ef3c1214_b.jpg

The 2nd tower level 2 bedroom at 774 sqft facing SW costs $80000 extra starting @ approx $410,000+, classic bottleneck layout with garbage chute on the left, emergency stairs to the right. Too much wasted sqft by the entrance, the 2nd bedroom is tiny 7'5" x 9'4" just enough for a full or single, the closet is about the size of a small locker, the only balcony access is through the 2nd bedroom, these deficiencies render it as livable as a 1+den, not a good unit for renting purposes.

So I ended up taking the 625sqft tower F and 570 sqft tower C, hopefully I made the right choice. :confused:

5835564441_b41ce4f1fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great Gulf and their tiny bedrooms. The layouts in all the units are pretty good, but my goodness, the bedrooms are far too small. If a room can not comfortably fit a dresser, 2 side tables and a queen bed, it's too small.

Great Gulf and their tiny bedrooms. The layouts in all the units are pretty good, but my goodness, the bedrooms are far too small. If a room can not comfortably fit a dresser, 2 side tables and a queen bed, it's too small.

Sadly having a bedroom dresser is the ultimate luxury these days,:D think you maybe overly harsh on GG, unit sizes in the downtown core have shrunk drastically in recent years, all developers are trying to maximize living area at the expense of bedroom size. Just check out the floor plans of other well known developments going up downtown.

Ice 2 by Lanterra - 1 bedroom unit 579sqft, an interior bedroom measuring 9'2"x9'0"

5835964953_337e13f68b_b.jpg

Tableau by Urban Capital - 1 bed+den 600 sqft, bedroom measuring 9'7''x9'5''

5836484042_ccb5b93fd1_b.jpg

But Peter Clewes's latest 'masterpiece' Peter street condos takes the cake by far, a 3 bedroom unit at 741sqft, one measures 8'2''x9'6'' and calling what amounts to 9'0''x5'0'' of actual space a 3rd bedroom is a new low.:cool:

1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, unfortunately more and more condos these days have kitchens placed that way, often the kitchen is aligned on one side of the wall as you walk in, the island is right in the middle of hallway, one has to squeeze by the island to get to the living area, There are also a 1 bed+den and another larger 2 bedroom unit @ the tower level.

The 1 bed+den at 643 sqft facing NE costs some $6000 more, would you say it also opens into the kitchen?
So I ended up taking the 625sqft tower F and 570 sqft tower C, hopefully I made the right choice. :confused:

I know - who thought this opening onto the kitchen thing was a good idea? Especially since when someone sees the place, their first impression will be your kitchen. At best, how boring. I know condos pose some problems in every room needs a window and there is only one wall of them (or at best, two) but I have seen some elegant solutions. The size of these new condos somewhat forces this layout I suppose, but that's a whole 'nother problem.

The 643 doesn't open at the kitchen, but still forces people to walk through the kitchen area on the way in. Marginally better than opening on it (at least the first look doesn't include a refrigerator) but still not ideal.

I think your choices were good, and really, in Toronto it's hard to go wrong (except when you buy for the view :) ).

@dwynix3 - I really dislike the layouts for Ice.. I went through them and I think I saw one that was alright? Also, three bedrooms in 741 sq ft? That's insanity. I'm all for small and efficient layouts, but that does not seem to be what's happening here.

Last edited:
I know small bedrooms are prevelant in pretty much all the new condos..but GG tends to have smaller bedrooms.

I know small bedrooms are prevelant in pretty much all the new condos..but GG tends to have smaller bedrooms.

I have no problem with smaller bedrooms in return for large living spaces. The amount of time I spend in my bedroom awake is next to nothing. Why do I need extra space there? A bed, small dresser and decent sized closet is all I need.

I have no problem with smaller bedrooms in return for large living spaces. The amount of time I spend in my bedroom awake is next to nothing. Why do I need extra space there? A bed, small dresser and decent sized closet is all I need.

Different strokes for different folks. I just hate looking into a bedroom and seeing all bed...or having to turn sideways to scoot around your bed. If I had to pick though....I'd rather have a bigger living space over a bigger bedroom.

The 643 doesn't open at the kitchen, but still forces people to walk through the kitchen area on the way in. Marginally better than opening on it (at least the first look doesn't include a refrigerator) but still not ideal.

The fridge is a cabinet panel builtin unit, so it won't be all that obvious, the whole linear set up makes the it looks more like a typical condo wall unit free of the clutters you would normally associate with the kitchen area. See pic the actual units would be a bit wider offering more counterspace.

Linear kitchen works best in sub 1000 sqft condos. :)

Pace_Kitchen.jpg

Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks. I just hate looking into a bedroom and seeing all bed...or having to turn sideways to scoot around your bed. If I had to pick though....I'd rather have a bigger living space over a bigger bedroom.

In today's market it's crucial for one to appreciate the literal sense of the word "bedroom", bedroom simply implies a room with a bed in it.:p

In today's market it's crucial for one to appreciate the literal sense of the word "bedroom", bedroom simply implies a room with a bed in it.:p

LOL, I guess so.

As for your linear kitchen comment...I mean, they look cute and all...but I just hate them. Lack of counterspace, lack of storage and your kitchen becomes part of the living area which I don't like. But alas, just my opinion. Perhaps I'm better suited for a house :D

Last edited:
LOL, I guess so.

As for your linear kitchen comment...I mean, they look cute and all...but I just hate them. Lack of counterspace, lack of storage and your kitchen becomes part of the living area which I don't like. But alas, just my opinion. Perhaps I'm better suited for a house :D

Notice I said linear kitchen works best for sub 1000sqft units, having a wrap around breakfast bar just takes away too much living space, besides I go to the local pubs to sit on a tough, uncomfortable bar stool, but can't find myself coming home & enjoying a nice relaxing dinner while sitting on one of those, would definitely prefer a smallish dinning table in lieu of of a breakfast bar. Just my personal $0.02

Last edited:

Back