Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Amenities to Take Centre Stage at Bazis and Plaza's 1 Yorkville
ALSO
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza!

A friend of mine, who likes the take-out Turkish pizza at Pizza Pide - that place on Gerrard near Poverty Square - invited me over for some yesterday, and I rather liked it.

I had an excellent Patata and Pancetta pizza, when I lunched with my baritone friend on the patio at Mangia and Bevi on King East last week. The waiter wore a t-shirt with the slogan: 12" UNCUT, ... which I realized referred to the pizza, when it was delivered.

http://www.mbresto.com/catering.html

3. Default

FYI, a new "gourmet" Pizza restaurant in the same class as Pizzeria Libretto just recently opened in the midtown area on Mt. Pleasant called Viva Napoli. Haven't been yet but just glad this is opened in the area since Pizzeria Libretto is too far.

Pizza Pizza......................

LOL!.. just kidding! it would be jokes if someone literally suggested that!

i dunno about Chicago pizza.. i had it on my last visit, and it wasn't to my liking. the crust/dough is too thick, heavy, and filling, and isn't soft enough. it kinda just sits there on your plate.... but for a once-in-a-while thing it isn't too bad.

I still prefer NY pizza. i could eat that all day long.

and ya, pizziallo makes good pizza.. i haven't been there in a long time.

Parlour Deep Dish Pizza - the only decent pizza in Toronto I have found. Just opened delivery (and takeout?) only out of Trevor on Wellington.

6. Default

regina trattoria on college. Ttraditional pizza. No fancy thin crust or gourmet toppings-just great pizza.

7. Default

It's inexpensive too!

Rawlicious pizza is interesting and surprisingly good. It's rather expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    Parlour Deep Dish Pizza - the only decent pizza in Toronto I have found. Just opened delivery (and takeout?) only out of Trevor on Wellington.
    I ordered from Parlour once. I thought it was good, but it was $25, plus $7 delivery charge. Now this is a very thick deep dish pizza, so there is a lot to eat, but $40 for delivery after tax and tip has kept me from ordering again.
    NB: you can't go to Trevor and pick this up. You have to pay the delivery charge.
    Last edited by Jonny5; 2011-Dec-13 at 05:29.

QMP is the best of all, in my opinion. I used to play football with the chef in my old condo, too! I never knew until on a trip to the Pizzeria I saw a picture of him hanging on the wall.

11. Default

went there last summer and it was meh...pizza libretto (sp) is still better in my opinion.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GenerationW View Post
    Tried it yesterday. It was damn good, and very filling.
    I agree with GenerationW, it's delicious

Marcello's Pizzeria has a wide selection of absolutely amazing Italian pizzas. Nice thin crust, fabulous toppings and a perfect balance of flavours. There's a location in Vaughan and another one at Dufferin & St. Clair.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Marcello's Pizzeria has a wide selection of absolutely amazing Italian pizzas. Nice thin crust, fabulous toppings and a perfect balance of flavours. There's a location in Vaughan and another one at Dufferin & St. Clair.
    +1 for Marcello's but i've only been to the location on St. Clair. The pizza is very good!

15. Default

Dino's Wood-burning pizza in Etobicoke -

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_win..._delivers.html

Had it for the first time yesterday. By far the best I have had.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast