Milan Condominiums (Conservatory Group) - Real Estate -

FSGIRL

Member Bio
Reaction score
I drive by Church and Yonge everyday on my way to work and noticed this morning a sales office for Milan in the old Canadian Tire building...this one appears to be moving fast after a long history of previous attempts to develop the site.

The sales office is opening in Canadian Tire's old garden centre. I didn't see any hours posted when I walked by this afternoon (Sunday, November 25), but the office looks neat and ready for customers. Suite plans, named after Italian cities, are posted on a wall just visible from the entrance door. Binoculars, anyone?

I stopped by the sales office and it is still open. Nothing new to report, except that the price per square foot for all the units is around $720, which might explain the slowness of sales.

I liked the layouts of the larger units. The (potential) 3 bedroom at 998 sq ft isn't too bad.

milan_fp_milan.gif

I stopped by the sales office and it is still open. Nothing new to report, except that the price per square foot for all the units is around $720, which might explain the slowness of sales.

I liked the layouts of the larger units. The (potential) 3 bedroom at 998 sq ft isn't too bad.

milan_fp_milan.gif

Why would anyone pay $718,000 for relatively small unit in this building when they can buy a condo unit TWICE this size in the classic building right next door? http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8175008 for just $699,000 ??

Last edited:
hahhaha...don't get me started on this builder. My worst experience with a builder ever. What a joke.

Why would anyone pay $718,000 for relatively small unit in this building when they can buy a condo unit TWICE this size in the classic building right next door? http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8175008 for just $699,000 ??

That looks like a nice space ... could be used as a 3 bedroom unit since the 'den' has windows and plenty of closet space.

The unit could use some updating but nothing $50K wouldn't fix ... and the ensuite sauna ... :D

Way too expensive. My impression of this building was a Casa-esque mid-range project, not a high-end one. I think there are a lot of incredulous faces when the price list is shown to potential buyers.

hahhaha...don't get me started on this builder. My worst experience with a builder ever. What a joke.

Do you mind sharing your experience via PM?

We actually went to the sales office at the beginning of spring & my eyes popped out when told the prices.

The sales representative was very snooty to say the least. Almost sorta looking at us like "I don't think you can afford any of the units".
:mad:

Past by this area recently and saw the development, decided to do some UT googling ....

apx. $727 sqft
Conservatory Group quality
Floorplans aren't that fantastic

Meh.

Do you mind sharing your experience via PM?

We actually went to the sales office at the beginning of spring & my eyes popped out when told the prices.

The sales representative was very snooty to say the least. Almost sorta looking at us like "I don't think you can afford any of the units".
:mad:

I accompanied a Milan owner to the Conservatory Group's "design centre" to choose finishes.....the worst experience with a developer in my life. I bought from plans in 2006 for The Verve, and Tridel was/is amazing. I made several changes, plus had a consultation with the kitchen designer, Paris Kitchens. The experience was enjoyable, productive, and relatively painless. Conservatory makes the finish selection process as painful and depressing as possible. The "design centre" is way up toward Markham(north of Finch&Yonge) so not easy to get to. The venue is broken up into a maze-like group of small rooms, each having the standard and upgrade options for every building project that Conservatory is currently working on. Nothing is grouped or matched, selections need to be hand written on a piece of paper along with the 11 digit bar code. God forbid if you write down the wrong code! Most standard finishes are so cheap looking, and the two model kitchens looked like something from a kitchy Venetian palace. The staff knew nothing other than to tell us that we should completely forget what we saw in the Milan sales office...none of those finishes are standard and most are not even available for upgrade. After 2.5 hrs we completed approx one-third of the 3 long pages of options we had to fill out. My friend left there wondering if he should just sell the unit back to Conservatory since the project has been ongoing for the past 5 yrs now.

Conservatory Group is not the most consumer friendly developer. In fact they are know for not really caring for the customers. Take the money and run.

lots of units in this bldg (for rent) are popping up on Craigslist and MLS.

Is this bldg ready for occupancy?

Back