Toronto Westwood Condominiums | ?m | 6s | Alterra | Richmond Architects

This is likely the second phase at Alterra's Network Lofts site just south of Bloor and west of Islington Avenue along the railway tracks. Network Lofts was renovation of a huge outmoded Bell switching centre, but this would be a new build.

Is this to be built where the parking lot of Network Lofts is?

Check the Network Lofts thread I statred years ago and there should be a plan for the 2nd tower.

If I remember correctly, it will be built to the west of the current one, south of the parking lot along CP line.

The current parking area is under TTC control and that area was supposed to have been used for Townhouses.

One hopes this new tower doesn't take as long as converting the old Bell Tower. They only finished it early this year. The building is not sold out yet.

Thanks for the info. I hope it will be a tall building!

Expect the NIMBYs to fight this one is if they propose a tall tower. It is quite close to a residential area south of Bloor. It might not be much taller than the condo on the southwest corner of Bloor/Islington (Humberwood on Bloor, I think).

Hmm, interesting indeed. I was hoping developers were starting to buy up the Westwood Theatre lands now that the courthouse project has been cancelled. Its odd that no one has jumped on all that land yet.

this westwood building will consist only 6 floors high. this portion of area is low-rise and no tall buildings are allowed to build along fieldway road the fact it consists many post-war bungalows.

Ugh, the city has to stop catering to the NIMBY bungalow crowd. I thought this was one of Toronto's 5 major "growth nodes"??!

I saw the Alterra signs in the window this weekend. I didn't notice when the Starbucks moved out. I'm surprised that a Starbucks at the base of a condo, across the street from a subway station would go out of business. There's the office buildings in the area also.

That Starbucks was impossibly tiny, with no seating space. It went under like 6 months ago.

I saw the Alterra signs in the window this weekend. I didn't notice when the Starbucks moved out. I'm surprised that a Starbucks at the base of a condo, across the street from a subway station would go out of business. There's the office buildings in the area also.

That building took its time being built and getting retail/office into has been a drag. Never had high hope for this building both on the retail side or ppl buying into it.

Even without much seating, I have seen others stores doing well. Location, location is the key point and this is not a good location in my books.

Back