88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

The new design is suddenly starting to grow on me. I have absolutely no explanation.

I feel this way too after sitting at King Station staring at the ads.

And in other news, according to Brian Persaud 88 Scott is now selling via VVVVVVIP platinum agents, with prices of some units 'priced in line with resale'.

So pre-construction pricing is over. If there ever was any pre-construction pricing.

Considering they seem ready to get moving with construction at this time, hardly surprising at the change in pricing formula.

I feel this way too after sitting at King Station staring at the ads.

And in other news, according to Brian Persaud 88 Scott is now selling via VVVVVVIP platinum agents, with prices of some units 'priced in line with resale'.

What does priced in line with resale mean? I was aware of the super agents getting access.

So pre-construction pricing is over. If there ever was any pre-construction pricing.

Considering they seem ready to get moving with construction at this time, hardly surprising at the change in pricing formula.

Not sure i understand what you mean by pre-construction pricing...

Interesting note about the pricing ... I've registered on the site as well as on broker websites and haven't heard a thing. Considering I've been watching this for awhile, I'll be irked if this goes through pre-sale without hearing about it

Interesting note about the pricing ... I've registered on the site as well as on broker websites and haven't heard a thing. Considering I've been watching this for awhile, I'll be irked if this goes through pre-sale without hearing about it

My father in laws pre con guy sent him an email yesterday, caught a quick glimpse...all I could see is that parking is $45K for units >~700 sq ft (which if you compare to some other recent launches, is actually ok - yes it's still higher than the old standard of $30K from a few years a go, but some new projects had $60K+ parking). Didn't see any floorplans or pricelist, was in a hurry.

Depends who your broker is, but make no mistake if you want a condo here there are a number of agents that have a worksheet with your name on it if you want to go that route. And if none of them have contacted you by now I would question their VVVVVIP credentials. Yes I now that might sound douchey but that's how pre con works.

What does priced in line with resale mean? I was aware of the super agents getting access.

Not sure i understand what you mean by pre-construction pricing...

Priced in line with resale is a bit ambiguous, but if I understand what Brian is saying, I think we should expect prices around $600 PSF for some units (probably podium ones if there are any) rather than the $700-$800 PSF we've seen with a number of projects like Casa II, INDX Massey and 1Thousand Bay...

....and this is what Cal is referring to. While those projects have sold well, pre con prices have been getting out of hand (a number of agents have voiced their conecern about this) and perhaps Concert sees the writing on the wall and has decided to pull back a little. This from Jamie Johnson of Remax back in Jan sums things up perfectly: http://www.remaxcondosplus.com/blog...800sf-for-pre-construction-condos-in-toronto/

Last edited:
Not at all - appreciate the info. If you do not mind, could you share (or PM) the broker contact? Looks like I aligned with non-ultra-super-duper-exclusive-luxury-VIP-agents ...

My father in laws pre con guy sent him an email yesterday, caught a quick glimpse...all I could see is that parking is $45K for units >~700 sq ft (which if you compare to some other recent launches, is actually ok - yes it's still higher than the old standard of $30K from a few years a go, but some new projects had $60K+ parking). Didn't see any floorplans or pricelist, was in a hurry.

Depends who your broker is, but make no mistake if you want a condo here there are a number of agents that have a worksheet with your name on it if you want to go that route. And if none of them have contacted you by now I would question their VVVVVIP credentials. Yes I now that might sound douchey but that's how pre con works.

Not at all - appreciate the info. If you do not mind, could you share (or PM) the broker contact? Looks like I aligned with non-ultra-super-duper-exclusive-luxury-VIP-agents ...

Hey. A broker client of my fathers has access to the info and has sent it to us. Pricing is roughly 650/sf for reasonaly sized units. I've PMd you his contact info.

Happy to provide his info to anyone else interested as well.

Saw some suite layouts. Not that impressed with them. The Berczy had some better arrangements. The amenities though are quite good.

DO NOT register on the builder's site. You have almost no chance of getting anything at all on this project. And if you do find an agent that can get you in, if you've registered, it might exclude you from being taken in by them.

This project is a good one. I'm interested in purchasing (and probably will). If you need any info PM me.

Back