Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Freed moving uptown?

tweeted today by @JShamess, an ICI agent with Colliers ...

Freed Development Bought the Art Shoppe (2131 Yonge St) piece of land is a little over an acre and half.

Nice. What can yo do with 65,000 square feet? Could easily be another pair of 60 storey towers - but Freed is a lowrise developer. I hope he doesnt waste the potential.

Nice. What can yo do with 65,000 square feet? Could easily be another pair of 60 storey towers - but Freed is a lowrise developer. I hope he doesnt waste the potential.

won't be anywhere near minto midtown. Think 20 storey range. this is outside the YE centre boundary.

About time. A few years ago I was on a walking tour with Paul Bedford and he mentioned that the Art Shoppe fought the City (unsure if it went to the OMB) to keep the building low-rise. Good to see some density being added here. I wonder if the Art Shoppe will stay on as a tenant? You never know when you might need a $100,000 dining room set.

Somethng about the Art Shoppe just seems borrowed-time anachronistic, in a pre-Sarah-Richardsonian way. Not to mention pre-Ikea, pre-Liberty-Village, pre-McMansion-bling. Wouldn't be surprised if it just decided to pack it in a la DeBoers, Ridpaths, etc...

Somethng about the Art Shoppe just seems borrowed-time anachronistic, in a pre-Sarah-Richardsonian way. Not to mention pre-Ikea, pre-Liberty-Village, pre-McMansion-bling. Wouldn't be surprised if it just decided to pack it in a la DeBoers, Ridpaths, etc...

when did deboers close? isn't there still a deboers on yonge by finch?

won't be anywhere near minto midtown. Think 20 storey range. this is outside the YE centre boundary.

Yeah, just 50 feet away on the other side of the street (Soudan) and of the YE centre boundary. With the new future Eglinton LRT line and the Yonge subway just steps away..this is one large hot property for high-rise redevelopment.

Agreed - the Art Shoppe just screams Dallas-era 70's to me. It hasn't changed for as long as I can remember.

Back