News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 773     0 

Opinions on M5V Suite - 748 sq ft - 1 Bedroom + Den

lazarus

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would love to hear opinions on this floor design at M5V.

This Suite is on the 7th floor (North/East corner unit)
1 bedroom + den @ 748 sqft indoor space + 138 sqft outdoor living space

Key Features: 1 terrace (South/East view) + 1 balcony (facing King West) / 2 washrooms (1 full + 1 powder room) / 9 ft exposed concrete ceilings / walk-in closet

M5Vfloorplan.jpg

(Ha. The floor plan walls look warped because i took the picture with my phone and the paper was bent)

Last edited:
no room dimensions on the plan?

I like how it has window exposure on opposite sides (north and south) with balconies on both sides (great for cross ventilation).
Having windows in the bathroom and the large closet is very nice.
The living/dining room seems a little small, but having the large terrace outside will compensate for it. Maybe opening the study to make it one large room would make it feel much more spacious.

How much is it going for, if you don't mind me asking?

It might be challenging to find a proper place for TV and sofa. I have a feeling the sofa will eventually block the hallway. You can open up study room area, but still the two area cannot be easily combined.

As well, do you need a dining table? If yes, that makes TV/sofa area even smaller.

Solution: get rid of partition in study room, buy a 8 person dining table and transform the area into a half dining and half study area (I like read newspaper, surf online at opening dining area).

Terrance is a huge plus, walk in closet is a big bonus too. Again how much it asks?

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions so far. Interesting idea about opening up the den and turning it into the dining area. The living room is not huge but i think it will work well with the layout of furniture I have in mind.

The unit was $369,000 in Aug 2007. I also got parking at $35,000 and a large locker for $5500. I'm not sure what the unit would be worth in todays market. Any opinions on that?

The room dimensions are not on that floor plan for some reason. I will post them below:

master bedroom: 11.4 x 9 ft
den : 7.2 x 10 ft
living/dining: 11.4 x 16.1 ft
terrace: 10.9 x 9.7 ft
balcony: 7.3 x 4.7 ft

Around $500k I'd say. ~$600 / sq ft + extra $13.8k for terrace/balcony + $35k parking + $5.5k locker

Absolutely love it! The balcony/terrace at either end is awesome. In fact I am totally jealous--I have the smallest unit in the building on the 19th floor. sucks to be me...:(

Interesting.....I have a similiar dimension in the living room. Do you think you can fit a L shape sofa in your living room?

9' x 5' - the 9 foot portion on your back wall and the 5 foot just sticking out past the island?? I'm bad with furnishing from a piece of paper.

Interesting.....I have a similiar dimension in the living room. Do you think you can fit a L shape sofa in your living room?

9' x 5' - the 9 foot portion on your back wall and the 5 foot just sticking out past the island?? I'm bad with furnishing from a piece of paper.

sounds like you have a sectional.
does the 5 ft portion have a back or is it open?
if open, it can serve a dual purpose as dining seating so you could do with fewer dining chairs.

also, it allows you the option of a dining area if you want as it gives you more space to work with, about 7 ft clearance is enough for a dining table and a couple of chairs on the kitchen side.

No the sectional does not open up. I have a feeling that I should wait before I completly purchase the couch. Thanks for the opinion

Back