News   Mar 28, 2024
 333     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 350     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 702     0 

Corktown Phase 2 - Layout opinion

Nice size terrace. I like the planter there.

I would put the shower in the master bath and the tub in the guest bath - the shower will get more use.
I would also put in another sliding door (across from the laundry closet) in the second bedroom so that the corner of that room could be opened up and that corridor wouldn't feel so enclosed. Similar to this unit: http://www.corktowndistrict.com/pdf/510King_plans/423.pdf
Generally it's a nice layout.

I would be concerned about the units in the building having exposed polished concrete floors due to the lack of sound insulation.
What is in the middle of the corridor outside the unit? Are those storage lockers?

I don't like how neither bathroom is directly accessible - you have to go through a room to get to one. It's not a dealbreaker, but may be inconvenient for guests.

I would also put in another sliding door (across from the laundry closet) in the second bedroom so that the corner of that room could be opened up and that corridor wouldn't feel so enclosed.

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, this is the same floor plan as the model suite and I'm fairly certain I recall that that's what they did. But it's been quite some time so don't rely on my memory. :)

Personally, I like how the bathrooms are a fair distance from the living/dining area. I think guests prefer privacy over convenience.

I don't like how neither bathroom is directly accessible - you have to go through a room to get to one. It's not a dealbreaker, but may be inconvenient for guests.

I wouldn't even consider the den as a room, it's more of a large foyer (just large enough for a desk). The door to the guest bath is literally a couple paces from the corridor so it's not a chore to get to.

Back