Toronto Rise Condos | 76.5m | 23s | Reserve Properties | Graziani + Corazza

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
This property is located at the southeast corner of Bathurst and St. Clair, diagonally across the intersection from the new towers at 500 and 530 St. Clair West. It currently includes a small, relatively new two-storey plaza with a convenience store and a couple of other things, and a small parking lot. It was recently sold for $5,100,000. At 11,775 sq. ft., that is equivalent to $433 per square foot, probably a reasonable price for a high-rise development site in this location.

Really wish they could somehow tunnel a connection from bath and st clair to the subway. Its a pipedream because of the location of the bus bays - but its infuriating that there isn't.

I'd rather see the awful windswept north-east corner get filled in.

I believe that the north east corner is still owned by St. Mikes right behind that lot. There was a proposal in passing over a decade ago to construct an arena which never gathered any serious steam. Problem is whatever goes on that site, the environmental cleanup costs of the soil under the gas station will not be cheap.

Hopefully it doesn't include that old apartment building.

It just includes the red brick building on the corner with a barber shop (think its a TopCuts) and office space which i think most of is vacant.

hmm, thought it mentioned 29 floors, looks like sub 10 in that render.

Where can I find info about this development?

Reserve Properties has ordered businesses out of this corner so the convenience store and the smaller shops on Bathurst up to and including the produce store are gone this month. I was also told that Topcuts and the restaurant are gone in five months. I also hear that Reserve Properties owns everything up to but not including the library. Apparently there is also a huge Dollarama going in at street level below the really big ugly apartment building across from the library.

I can't find anything about the development on the SE corner of Bathurst/St Clair W on the Toronto and East York Community Ctte site. Can whoever has found more info on this development post it here? Thanks very much.

Stellab, Sorry but I doubt very much that this is accurate information. On the east side of the street, moving south from the plaza, there are: a parking lot owned by the City Parking Authority, a church, a three-storey apartment which is probably about 80 years old, and a library branch. None of these are owned by Revenue Properties; in fact, none of them has been sold for at least 15 years. If I were to speculate, I would say that it might make sense to incorporate the parking lot into any new development, but not the other properties. Demolishing residential apartments, in particular, is very difficult.

That makes sense. Sorry, I was reporting what I was told by one of the people associated with the businesses that were asked to leave. He said the properties on the rest of the block but not including the library but I agree he can't be right about that. Thanks for the correction.

Drove by this intersection earlier today. The convenience store, and what appeared like the entire NW corner of the 2 storey building, has been boarded up. Went by quickly so didn't have time to look for details or any possible application signs. I guess this is going to start soon.

I walk by this intersection every morning. A couple weeks back they blew out all the ground floor windows, and opened up the north-west corner of the building up to the second storey. Right now, it's all behind hoarding. I never noticed any application signs, but I'll take a closer look.

Back