dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken at 9pm.

Bank towers, CN tower, CityTV, Yonge-Dundas Square = pass
Bay-Adelaide Centre, 1 Dundas West, 250 Yonge, 20 Queen West = fail
Ryerson, City Hall, apartment and condo dwellers = epic fail

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Luckily we solved that pesky climate change problem that people like Al Gore and David Suzuki were always nagging us about when the economy tanked, the Middle East exploded in riots, that Japanese nuclear plant got swamped by a giant wave and when the opposition brought down the Canadian government.

They first told us that the Ruskies were controlling the weather.

Then they wrote about the coming of a new ice age.

Maurice Strong started with Global Warming.

IPCC then afeared us with Climate Change.

After all these years, the seven day weather forcast for the seventh day is only

15% accurate; why even bother!

Reguards,
J T

^I admit that the specifics of climate change science are full of uncertainties, but you have to be pretty thick, and have done pretty poorly in any science class above Grade 10, if you think that there is a link between global climate patterns and predicting the exact weather forecast in a localized area.

To give you an analogy, acknowledging that elevated emissions of carbon can result in a global warming with unpredictable climate changes is like a social scientist telling you that children who grow up in low income, single parent environments are more likely than their peers to engage in criminal activity. The evidence amassed on this is pretty substantial and it can be verified as a general trend.

A weather forecast is like that same social scientist telling you that Johnny, the low income son of a single mother from Malvern will rob a Petro Canada gas station at the corner of Markham and Ellesmere Road on July 15th, 2019. In this case, you are attempting to pinpoint an exact event, and the precise unfolding of this event, as predicted, is subject to innumerable and unaccountable forces.

"Honestly we still think it’s successful, we think it’s a great program,” said Jennifer Link, a spokeswoman for Toronto Hydro, who added that cool temperatures likely had many people using more heat than this time last year.

Of course. Token gestures that don't hit the bottom line are great. Then when people actually conserve power Toronto Hydro threatens us with rate increases.

Last edited:
I really don't recall seeing as much hype about this as in previous years. It completely went by me, but most years I've made sure at least the lights in the house were out.

Of course, if the event was ever 100% successful, then suddenly all our nuclear reactors would be generating a lot of electricity not going anywhere ... which would lead to an emergency shut-down that would take days to recover from - like happened in 2003.

"After all these years, the seven day weather forcast for the seventh day is only15% accurate; why even bother! MY QUOTE.

The above last comment was rather to be held tongue-in-cheek,

however

once the name of Maurice Strong is mentioned as well as being understood,

all bets are off.

Regards,
J T

"Mentioning Maurice Strong is a Godwin's Law equivalent for environmentalists?" QUOTE Urban Shocker.

Better to have those of whom are unaware of Maurice Strong look up his "creds",

than I to browse "Godwin's Law".

Regards,
J T

Skyline Facing South During Earth Hour 2012 - 8:30 - 9:30pm EST

8:45 pm and 10:30pm tonight

Back