News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 456     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Hopstop.com now includes Toronto

Which trip planner do you prefer (for Toronto)?

• hopstop.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • myttc.ca

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Google Maps

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Official TTC Trip Planner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
I've never heard of Hopstop, but I checked it out and wasn't too impressed. It doesn't do anything that Google Maps already does much better.

Personally I use a combination of Google Maps and the official TTC one. Sometimes Google's directions leave much to be desired, and sometimes it uses GO or other systems which I do not want. Both are great though.

Looks pretty poor to me.

First I entered postal codes. It doesn't handle them.

Only gave one option straight away.

Doesn't allow time increments in less than 30 minutes.

Very odd. I tried to go from Main/Danforth to Exhibition at 8:30 PM. And it correctly put me on an 8:27 pm GO train ... and then had me get off at Union and take a 509 Streetcar to Strachan. Then it had me change to a 511 to get to Exhibition Loop. 1 hour 31 minutes instead of the 33 minutes that Google takes (22 minutes if you could convince it not to spend 5 minutes walking to and from the station).

It's a really, really, ugly interface.

Why would anyone ever use this over Google Maps for transit?

I use the TTC paper map. It shows me the route faster than any website.

The poll so far shows that hopstop.com is not made for Torontonians, despite having a Toronto trip planner. New Yorkers visiting Toronto might use hopstop.com.

More likely they'll use Google.

If it makes us feel any better, London, England isn't on board with Google Maps, with the exception of a transit map overlay. However, the trip planner on the Transport for London website is VERY competitive with anything Google can do.

Back