News   Mar 28, 2024
 636     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 918     0 

CNN speech impediments

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
Following CNN the past few days I have, despite myself, become aggravated at corresondents with blantant speech impediments or lisps. I admire people who knowingly abandon pursuits where they have natural advantages, so as to confront their biggest disadvantages. But why do I have to share this experience?

What's next, musicians with Parkinsons, narcoleptic pilots, counsellors with Asberger...

COME ON!

I agree, stuttering Anderson Cooper is especially difficult to listen to. He starts every sentence with "um" . Its no wonder why Bill O'Reilly normally gets more viewers at 8:00 PM than CNN gets in its entire prime time line-up combined (with the exception of coverage of disasters when CNN's numbers explode)

Except Bill O'Reilly is an idiot... tides go in, tides go out. Never a miscommunication.Therefore god.

Anderson Cooper? A speech impediment? You do realize his show is live TV right? I watch his show nearly everyday, and yes he does say "um" sometimes, but statistics show that 99.9% of people have used the word "um" and 99.8% of people don't think it's a big deal.

Anderson sounds like a real person, he's intelligent, and knows what questions to ask.

His show's coverage of the crisis in Libya, and in Egypt before that, was second to none. If that's not quality news reporting, I don't know what is. Judge a man by the content of his ideas, not the occasional "um" in his speech.

I'll take the occasional "umm" to get some quality reporting. Lisps I find really irritating, though.

Back