Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Massey Tower Condos
197 Yonge St, Toronto
Developer: MOD Developments Inc.

Login to
post and
upload photos
Page 28 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Massey Tower (197-201 Yonge, MOD Developments, 60s, Hariri Pontarini)

website is up....

http://www.themasseytower.com/
    When I'm not on UT, I am a Mississauga real estate agent ....check out my site here!

Quote Originally Posted by yyzer View Post
    Looks like Barney Stinson had a hand in the website design.

After seeing the website, I'm worried.

Melting naked people and blood drippings, yeah!

It's the opposite of "Live on Yonge"

6. Default

"Live on Yonge" , "Die on Yonge"

Convenient..
    Learn Here about the Tallest Towers Under Construction in TorontoThe Toronto Skyscraper Blog!

When you load the website, the text at the top of the browser (above the url bar) reads "Massey Towers" as opposed to massey tower.....typo or twins?
    Images are not to be reprinted, reposted or used for any purposes whatsoever outside of the Urban Toronto forum without my express consent. Contact me via the following:

Website - Flickr Photostream - Twitter

Would it be theoretically possible at this late stage (sarcastic Ford replies aside) for the City to immediately require 2-3 competing submissions for any 60+ building or building on Yonge? We have about 6-7 coming down the chute. There is a chance to something memorable, but it needs to happen very fast!

Quote Originally Posted by metroTO View Post
    Melting naked people and blood drippings, yeah!

It's the opposite of "Live on Yonge"

As theme music maybe they can use that old Bill Joel hit "Only The Good Die Young" but change it to "Only The Good Buy Yonge"

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gristle View Post
    After seeing the website, I'm worried.
    Relax, it's designed by Hariri Pontarini aka Mr. Shangri-la, Five, Florian and 1 Bloor.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by androiduk View Post
    As theme music maybe they can use that old Bill Joel hit "Only The Good Die Young" but change it to "Only The Good Buy Yonge"
    Nice one.

Yeah, no worries. Word is that this one will be a stunner. HP can be counted on for a pleasing design.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Yeah, no worries. Word is that this one will be a stunner. HP can be counted on for a pleasing design.
    The promise of a "stunner" has gone unfulfilled too many times for me to get excited about the design. For now, I'm just happy that we'll be getting at least a decent tower, that the heritage building is being restored and that a gap in the skyline is being filled.

On another note, Massey Tower, along with One Bloor, FIVE Condos and 8 Gloucester Street is going to turn Yonge Street into Hariri Pontarini blvd, just as Bay north of Dundas has become aA avenue.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ramako View Post
    The promise of a "stunner" has gone unfulfilled too many times for me to get excited about the design. For now, I'm just happy that we'll be getting at least a decent tower, that the heritage building is being restored and that a gap in the skyline is being filled.
    Completely agree! There have been very few 'stunners' and likely there will be very few in the future. Regardless of who the architects or developers are, I would rather err on the side of conservatism and caution in regards to expectations.

15. Default

cant wait to see some renders

Page 28 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast