Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
Daily Headlines: News From the Internet for November 28, 2014
ALSO

Thread: M3 layout 1 + Den opinion

1. Default delete

delete
    Last edited by yaz16; 2012-May-09 at 08:32.

2. Default

Is that an optional wall they are displaying on the floor plan? And then a sliding door you might add?

If only they made the length of the bedroom shorter in order to make the width of the den wider. I think closing in the den will make the entire space have a more closed in feel. I might choose the optional wall so that you then have the option of a sliding door should you need it for a second bedroom. But I think this unit is best as a large 1 bedroom+den.

If you were to add a twin bed, I wouldn't squeeze it into the width of the room. I'd place it in the bottom right hand corner in correlation with the dimensions of the room.

3. Default

Y not make it an office?

4. Default

Did you end up installing that door? I am in the same building and am planning the do the same thing was wondering if you had a good contractor who installed it for you.

5. Default

I thought to legally call a room a "bedroom" there had to be a natural source of light. So if you are trying to sell or market this unit as a 2 bedroom by closing off the den, you might want to check with a real esate lawyer on this point.

6. Default

A pocket door would be nice for the Den.

A friend of mine owns a place around King & Bathurst with the exact same layout without the den and it works beautifully.

9' ceilings do wonders.