Toronto Pace Condos | 146.3m | 42s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Observer Walt

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen this mentioned here. Pardon me if it's a duplication. The property at the southwest corner of Dundas and Jarvis (155 and 163 Dundas Street East) has been sold to an apartment developer. The property has a crummy little one-storey retail plaza, which I think is mostly or completely vacant. The purchaser is Boymelgreen Developers, which is based in Israel.

The block also includes two or three other small properties, extending west along Dundas from this site to the corner of Mutual Street. It would be nice to see an assembly and a new development extending along the whole block.

Could be bad news if you believe what this site has to say:

http://www.shayaiscoming.org/campaigns/targets/2007/shaya_boymelgreen

To be fair, their website says "50 on the Park" (Portland/Stewart Streets) is one of their properties:

http://boymelgreen.com/en/projects.php?typ=residential properties&coun=canada&tid=c1

However, judging by the fact it's in a ghetto 'hood on the eastside, they could build a few hideous slabs.... And it will be interesting to see how they cut costs with contractors....

To be fair, 50 on the Park is one big ungainly piece of brutish caca that pleads for passers-by to hate it. And I believe that most do.

When I saw the first few words of this thread title, I thought you were about to suggest some recently vacated, somewhat charred property in North York.

Definitely wont be missed. I live 2 buildings away and used to get my cigarettes from the little store... whatever it was (Seemed more like a dollar store than anything) The place smelled so bad

lets just hope it doesn't turn out to be something like 50 gerrard.

Definitely wont be missed. I live 2 buildings away and used to get my cigarettes from the little store... whatever it was (Seemed more like a dollar store than anything) The place smelled so bad

Maybe they were trying to cover up the stench of cigarettes.

Dundas and Jarvis area by Great Gulf.

Old rendering and report from Urbanation.

paceg.jpg

I hope it goes in the trash and something better comes along for the site

I don't know if it would fit there. Looks like it would go on the northwest corner, in that parking lot.

No way, that site is enormous. Look closely at the buildings in the background of the render. Plus I walked by the site recently and everything has been bought out and it looks like it's ready for demolition. Good thing too, this will help the area immensely.

What I understand is that GG recently bought the site, so hopefully the new design will be much better. Mabye a Montreal-esque midrise? :)

Back