News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     2 

Property Brothers on W Network

Kenny

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anybody else watch this show?

http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/PropertyBrothers.aspx

The brothers convince home buyers with high expectations and low budgets to buy fixer uppers and gut/renovate.

Since it's mostly filmed in the GTA, I like to watch and try and guess the neighbourhood (I do the same with Love it or list it, another W network show).

The show seems fake. There's no way people would try to sell houses with beer bottles all over the place, would they? My guess is that they stage the house to look bad after the new owners buy it.

In any case, I find it highly entertaining, especially considering how ridiculously expensive houses are in this market. Makes me want to take on a fixer upper myself.

Does anybody else watch this show?

http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/PropertyBrothers.aspx

The brothers convince home buyers with high expectations and low budgets to buy fixer uppers and gut/renovate.

Since it's mostly filmed in the GTA, I like to watch and try and guess the neighbourhood (I do the same with Love it or list it, another W network show).

The show seems fake. There's no way people would try to sell houses with beer bottles all over the place, would they? My guess is that they stage the house to look bad after the new owners buy it.

In any case, I find it highly entertaining, especially considering how ridiculously expensive houses are in this market. Makes me want to take on a fixer upper myself.

I like it...along with Love it or List it. They both have staged elements to them...but I don't care.

Fixer uppers are a lot of fun!

I purchased a 45 year old home 3 years ago that needed a decent amount of work. I never intended to sell the home after I had renovated it, but I did and was rewarded with a good return. It was never a flip, as I designed the home to my liking and spent a lot of money on upgrades.

BEFORE:

IMG_0192.JPG

AFTER:

026.jpg

BEFORE:

IMG_0201.JPG

AFTER:

044.jpg

BEFORE:

IMG_0195.JPG

AFTER:

016.jpg

BEFORE:

IMG_0196.JPG

AFTER:

022.jpg

I'll watch anything that profiles houses in Toronto - I like to learn about the neighbourhoods and see what people are paying for things. I strangely miss the days when Property Virgins was actually shot in Toronto.

Property Brothers I watch here and there, although recently they've been more out in the burbs which is less interesting for me, at least.

What really drives me nuts is that in each show the reno brother promises an open concept.

And then there is an issue with a supporting wall.

Each show. No variation.

Property brother: "This is a problem we didn't budget for."

Property brother: "This is gonna cost extra."

Homeowner: "We're really concerned, we didn't expect this."

Homeowner: "This is why we didn't wanna do a reno. We're not happy with the bros."

Each. and. every. time. Talk about phoney.

Agreed!

Love watching Love it or List it & Property Brothers to check out the different neighbourhoods in Toronto too. :)

They're probably both staged, especially Property Brothers...toilet paper strewn on the floor, etc, seems a little ridiculous. Plus the brothers are both actors. Big surprise.

The shows definitely have predictable formulas, but I like seeing the outcomes regardless. Maybe actors, but they're good at renos!

My wife watches all the shows, so I see some too. I think the computer imaging of the reno proposals is pretty slick. Sure, a lot must be staged, but it's informative and it's entertaining.

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that they only fix part of the house? They show that the whole house is a dump, but then only renovate the main floor. What about the bedrooms that were in terrible shape? They seem happy at the end of the show because they have their "dream home", but they haven't done any work on half the house. I don't get it.

I'll watch anything that profiles houses in Toronto - I like to learn about the neighbourhoods and see what people are paying for things. I strangely miss the days when Property Virgins was actually shot in Toronto.

Property Brothers I watch here and there, although recently they've been more out in the burbs which is less interesting for me, at least.

What really drives me nuts is that in each show the reno brother promises an open concept.

And then there is an issue with a supporting wall.

Each show. No variation.

Property brother: "This is a problem we didn't budget for."

Property brother: "This is gonna cost extra."

Homeowner: "We're really concerned, we didn't expect this."

Homeowner: "This is why we didn't wanna do a reno. We're not happy with the bros."

Each. and. every. time. Talk about phoney.

So true. They're professionals, right? You'd think they'd know this based on experience. That being said, I enjoy the show myself. I always wonder how they get building permits so quickly though, especially when the owners always want to move in so quickly.

P.S. The newest season of Property Virgins is primarily based in Toronto.

Back