News   Mar 28, 2024
 233     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

cdxc

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi , has anyone seen what the company has done to the building with it's horrible windows? Theý've chosen the colour of painters tape to go up. So if you thought you were getting floor to ceiling windows we were mistaken. Also the colour is absolutely disgusting. I unfortunately bought at this building and this has seriously made me consider selling. Please post here if you feel the same way. The more people we can rally the better chance we have of getting something done.

Horrible Windows

At first I thought the windows also had the protective covering on them, so I went to the sales office and asked one of the Sales guy there....YES these are the colour of the windows was the answer i received!!! I took some pictures with my BB...they look worse in person....can anyone verify if this is the actual finish of the windows?

IMG00127-20100719-0739.jpg
IMG00126-20100719-0739.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00127-20100719-0739.jpg
    IMG00127-20100719-0739.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG00126-20100719-0739.jpg
    IMG00126-20100719-0739.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 979
the pic makes the colour look tolerable but i agree in person it doesnt look good. If i happen to stop by i'll take some pics too. Is there a way we can get them to change it...considering the fact that they have put up many as yet?

HORRIBLE WINDOWS

I too am not impressed with the windows, it looks very institutional not at all what the building was advertised it would look like. There has to be something we can do before the rest go up.

We also thought the protective tape was on, but the people in the salles office confirmed that was the colour, and they too did not like the colour and admitted it was off. They said it might get better once the white trim goes up. There has to be something we can do, they said we can write a letter to the builder maybe if we all do that and complain something can be done.

I also bought a unit there and am thinking about the resale value with it looking as it does.

Last edited:
Action!!!
To all who have purchased a unit please write a letter to the builder about the horrible windows, the more letters given the more impact we make.

Great! Will do that this weekend.
I dont like the color and would be very happy if it could be changed. Once u guys have submitted ur letters please let us know here so we know how many of us have made the request. Thanks!

Absolutely , let's try to get as many people as we can onboard.
Even called Norstar and they said the same thing, one person will not do anything, so please try to get as many people as you can to write those letters.

but we are like 5-6 of us on this thread. how are we gonna get in touch with the others. they go and buy something stupid to put up and then expect us to go find all the other buyers to protest...thats ridiculous. they should be the ones informing the other buyers that they have recd complains and ask for thier opinion. im surely sending out my complain this weekend.

Windows Shock !!!

HORRIBLE WINDOWS

I too am not impressed with the windows, it looks very institutional not at all what the building was advertised it would look like. There has to be something we can do before the rest go up.

We also thought the protective tape was on, but the people in the salles office confirmed that was the colour, and they too did not like the colour and admitted it was off. They said it might get better once the white trim goes up. There has to be something we can do, they said we can write a letter to the builder maybe if we all do that and complain something can be done.

I also bought a unit there and am thinking about the resale value with it looking as it does.

I bought a unit there and I am in complete agreement with the comments posted re windows. I think that the chosen colour is outrageous! If you really want to see what it will looks like upon completion, visit the school next door - Porter Collegiate - that is where I think they got their inspiration.

I've just mailed a letter to the builder expressing my outrage. Also, does anyone know when is the latest occupancy date?

I have mailed my letter out to the builder last evening about the windows. I have been given Jan 11 as occupancy date for the ground floor.

Has anyone received any reply from the builder after writing to them about the window? I havent. Im worried that they might just not do anything about this issue and say that they did not get sufficient letters =(

hate to burst your bubble ... unfortunately I don't think any letters will change what the builder does w.r.t. windows on this project ... in their minds: "it is a done deal" ... likely there are clauses in the Agreement of Purchase & Sale that allows the builder to make 'changes without notice' ~

I suppose this is a risk of buying pre-construction

You may be right!!!...well, it's still an investment I guess. I'm just wondering about the resale value and if ANYONE would want to buy in a building that looks like a huge Pastashio...lol...Can't wait to see how SMALL the units are going to be. I spoke to one of my potential neighbours and he si convinced that there is a "film" over the glass. I hope he is right. Nomatter what happens, I will have to use this as an experience for future purchases.

From the photos posted this colour looks similar to the windows used at EQ1 and EQ2 at the Scarborough City Centre. I didn't like the colour, very institutional IMO. Resale values in those buildings seem just fine. I don't think you have much to worry about in regards to selling your unit. (I'm just thankful that I can't see the EQ towers from my home here in the SCC.)

Hey Everyone, new to the site...I also bought in the building and the windows are dreadful...I spoke with my lawyer and the only thing that can be done is to round up all the buyers and prevent the building from closing...and even then they will probably just reimburse by upgrading everyones units...it will take a lot of time and effort...basically not worth it. The best approach is to have Michael sell your unit on assignment if you are that unhappy...there is no charge and you will break even. Seems like the headache free way...anyways those who dont sell I will see you in the building in March 2011 6th floor occupancy.

Back