Centro Condos (Henderson Developments) - Real Estate -

FirstTimeCondoBuyer

Member Bio
Reaction score
In the mail today I found a letter from the developer asking for us to fill out our lawyer information and fax it to their offices for the "upcoming interm occupany date"

I am on the 8th floor of the South tower and on my purchase agreement my interm occupany date is Nov 3, 2010; however, later in the letter it mentions that move ins will start in early 2011?

So looks like delays? Seems odd, we had the mildest of winters in years with only a few days of really heavy snow - the rest of the winter it really didn't snow at all or was it ever really that cold.

There were no labour strikes for any area of building construction.

So what I really want to know from them is, what the heck happened?

Anyone else recieve a letter?

you can almost gurantee a delay with condo construction especially with 2 buidings going up at once, i wouldn't be too concerned...

on a side note.. FirstTimeCondoBuyer .. how many units did you purchase?? didn't you have a unit on the 33rd floor?? now you have one on the 8th?

FirstTimeCondoBuyer ... from what I understand Henderson gave the "November 2010" estimated occupancy date to ALL purchaseres @ Centro regardless what tower or floor you were on ... with that in mind I expected that the builder would have to 'refine' the occupancy dates as it get closer to completion, which is exactly what it is doing now ... so I wouldn't worry too much about it

thanks fefe ... are you in the upper or lower portion of the building?

fefe33 ... your 'delay' isn't too bad then considering you near the top of the building

what you should realise is that Henderson gave the same 'estimated occupany date' to all units in Centro when they were selling (as per APS), however as we all know it is impossible for a new condo to be occupied within a day

good news?

Be suprised. The unit I purchased total square feet changed from 597 to 626. I found out from the centro web that all units increased square feet.

Be suprised. The unit I purchased total square feet changed from 597 to 626. I found out from the centro web that all units increased square feet.

soo you brought the Maple.... good choice IMO, i think its better than OAK, don't really like the laundry in the Den, i wonder why the sq footage would change... someone probably messed up the calculations.... or its their way to get more maintenance fees? lol

Centro at SCC

I am surprised the thread for the Centro building has turned into one line postings of "ewwww, so ugly" and nothing of any substance or interest to the development itself, such as connecting those interested in how the process has been or any updates they have received from the builder.

For instance, I have an 8th floor unit in the South tower and my new move in date is for Jan 31 - as per the update letter we received a few months back.

I spoke to rep at the showing room and she mentioned the offer letters for the parking garage storage lockers will be going out in the next few weeks (didn't want to risk missing out on it as we were told its a first come first serve basis) - I am very interested in getting one for all the hockey gear, bikes, etc.

Has anyone else received an updated move in date and what floor/tower are you on?

It was great to see that the cranes are gone and the buildings outside paneling and windows are up - it's really starting to come together and looks great to me.

South tower, 28 floor.
Move in date March 21st.

Yes, and it is nice!

It seems I may have jinxed it.......received a letter today stating that the move in date has been moved back to Feb 28 from Jan 31.

The waiting is such a pain in the butt, I knew I should have gone with a re-sale condo instead of a new development, argh!

It seems I may have jinxed it.......received a letter today stating that the move in date has been moved back to Feb 28 from Jan 31.

The waiting is such a pain in the butt, I knew I should have gone with a re-sale condo instead of a new development, argh!

oh no, take it easy.
At least we don't have to fight for the evelator....

jausa

South tower, 28 floor.
Move in date March 21st.

Yes, and it is nice!

i just signed for a unit on the 19th floor, south tower. and my closing date is march 7th. my girlfriend who has a 3rd floor unit on the north tower has a closing date of april 11th.

i am totally new to this, and was wondering if you guys know from experience if that closing date is the same date that the transfer of ownership happens. at closing date, does that mean you legally "own" the unit? i ask because i want to take advantage of the home buyer's plan and the 90 days before withdrawal is super close to my quoted close date...anyone? thanks :)

welcome to UT irene ... generally builders do not provide purchasers "closing dates" up front before moving in, instead they usually provide a tentative or confirmed "occupancy date", which is what jausa is referring to as the "move in date" ... "closing" happens when a condominium is registered which allows the builder to transfer title of individual suites to purchasers/owners, this is also the date the "90 days" is calculated from for the purposes of the RRSP home buyer's plan

Did they realize that they could reduce your price too? While I'd be happy about getting more square footage for my price. I'd think it's concerning that they didn't measure it properly from the begining.

Back