News   Mar 28, 2024
 999     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 849     0 

What are the highlighted floor plan sections?

JustChecking

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi there:

This is my first post and I hope I am posting in the right place. I have spent a lot of time trying to find the right thread. I have attached a floor plan with colour markings.

1. What are the sections marked in green?

2. What are the sections marked in blue?

3. IF the green is HVAC installations, why is it taking so much space?

In fact most other apartment floor plans don’t even have the square with the x marked in it.

4. IF it is HVAC installations, won’t that make the unit noisy and too hot because of the HVAC equipment running?

Any help and advice will be deeply appreciated because I am a complete newbie to real estate transactions.

Thanks in advance,

JustChecking

Attachments

• Posting On Urban Toronto.jpg
    Posting On Urban Toronto.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 347
The green in the living room looks like a step up to sliding doors.
The green is the HVAC. Every unit has at least one of these
The blue is glass/window

Also,
Most condo floor plans DO have the box with an X in it. It doesn't add any heat to the unit and it is not noisy. The cooling/heating is not done in the unit. The unit simply brings the cold/warm to your unit.

Also,
Most condo floor plans DO have the box with an X in it. It doesn't add any heat to the unit and it is not noisy. The cooling/heating is not done in the unit. The unit simply brings the cold/warm to your unit.

The green does look like a step up to the terrace, and the corner part looks like its just a concrete pillar.

Thank you Jaybee and Tuscani1. Your help is much appreciated. Because those markings were really throwing me. You said the box with the x in it is the cooling/heating unit, and that the top left corner green highlight is a concrete pillar. Do you think the bedroom green highlighted area above the box with an X in it is also a pillar?

This is a southeast facing unit from DNA3 at King/Shaw. I was quite taken with having the wraparound balconies. Could you also please give me your opinion/feedback on the floorplan and location of the unit. It's $ 370, 700.

Thanks for ANY feedback.

JustChecking

Last edited:
The wraparound balcony definitely sells this unit.

Outside of the hallway at the entrance, I think it's a decent floor plan. I think the den makes for a great foyer as you enter into the unit. It's excellent that the entrance to the bathroom is on that side, away from the kitchen/living room... it's adjacent to your bedroom door making it ensuite-like and provides a sense of privacy for your guests. I find that to be a very smart touch. The kitchen/living/dining area looks like a good open space which will feel even more open as it's a corner unit with floor-to-ceiling windows.

Does $370,700 include parking?

Hi there:

This is my first post and I hope I am posting in the right place. I have spent a lot of time trying to find the right thread. I have attached a floor plan with colour markings.

1. What are the sections marked in green?

2. What are the sections marked in blue?

3. IF the green is HVAC installations, why is it taking so much space?

In fact most other apartment floor plans don’t even have the square with the x marked in it.

4. IF it is HVAC installations, won’t that make the unit noisy and too hot because of the HVAC equipment running?

Any help and advice will be deeply appreciated because I am a complete newbie to real estate transactions.

Thanks in advance,

JustChecking

i can't view the attachment ... which unit is it?

I think the answers above are probably correct but you say "Any help and advice will be deeply appreciated because I am a complete newbie to real estate transactions."

In general you need to be very careful buying real estate and understanding the details of the plans is probably not the most important part. You should talk to both your real-estate agent and your lawyer. A 'complete newbie" can easily become a 'poor newbie"! Good luck.

The wraparound balcony definitely sells this unit.

Outside of the hallway at the entrance, I think it's a decent floor plan. I think the den makes for a great foyer as you enter into the unit. It's excellent that the entrance to the bathroom is on that side, away from the kitchen/living room... it's adjacent to your bedroom door making it ensuite-like and provides a sense of privacy for your guests. I find that to be a very smart touch. The kitchen/living/dining area looks like a good open space which will feel even more open as it's a corner unit with floor-to-ceiling windows.

Does $370,700 include parking?

Thanks UrbanVigor for sharing your perspective. Much appreciated. No the amount does not include parking. The parking is another $ 35000 and a locker is $ 3500

I think the answers above are probably correct but you say "Any help and advice will be deeply appreciated because I am a complete newbie to real estate transactions."

In general you need to be very careful buying real estate and understanding the details of the plans is probably not the most important part. You should talk to both your real-estate agent and your lawyer. A 'complete newbie" can easily become a 'poor newbie"! Good luck.

Thanks for caution DSC. Because you are absolutely right about being careful. In part my reason for asking about the floor plan was based on the concerns when I first made my post. And I was thinking that perhaps some of the footage is going in HVAC installation. Since there were only a few units left when I went to DNA3 I wasn't sure if the unit I am interested in was simply a leftover which earlier buyers passed on. In fact that is why in my second posting I asked for any feedback in terms of whether buying the unit in question is a good value. I wanted some feedback (and reassurance) that I am on the right track with this unit. And yes, I am in touch with a lawyer. But I don't have an agent because I went direct to the developer based on a 3% discount through my employer. A condition of the discount was no agents. I am okay with that. Do you have any other specific feedback?

I wouldn't be worried about whether this unit was a "leftover". It is a good floor plan, has a large balcony, and I'm assuming you like the location and feel it is a living space that you would enjoy. It appears to be a great corner unit.

I don't want to make you worry too much and I'm not a real estate expert, but I feel that $595 psf without parking is very high. King West certainly is a popular area to live and I'm confident that in the long term values will hold/increase, but right now I personally believe that is a high price to pay considering parking isn't included. I can understand a premium to be paid for a corner unit and wraparound balcony, but it seems pricey. First and foremost, if you're going to be living in it, make sure you can afford it at higher than current interest rates a few years from now and think long term... if the return from living in it is greater than financial then my concern will end up being irrelevant.

I'm curious. What floor is it on? Have floor premiums resulted in what I believe to be a high price? Do you know what the views will be like?

This is a southeast facing unit from DNA3 at King/Shaw. I was quite taken with having the wraparound balconies. Could you also please give me your opinion/feedback on the floorplan and location of the unit. It's $ 370, 700.

Thanks for ANY feedback.

JustChecking

What's the square footage?

I feel this is a very high price tag...especially without parking. I don't think this value is sustainable. I'd much rather spend that money at Parc, Theater Park, Thomson, etc.. as they are in better areas and are more upscale.

And yes, I am in touch with a lawyer. But I don't have an agent because I went direct to the developer based on a 3% discount through my employer. A condition of the discount was no agents. I am okay with that. Do you have any other specific feedback?

Take 1% of that 3% discount and toss it at your lawyer then ask a ton of questions. Have the lawyer contact the builder and/or a real-estate expert for the answers if he isn't certain of them.

This includes questions about whether the pricing is right, potential future value, actual expected completion dates, taxes and hidden fees (closing costs), etc.

The developer is giving you the agents commission for not having an agent. That does not mean you need to be unrepresented, just that you need to pay for that representation directly from your pocket instead of via the mortgage.

Thanks again Jaybee:

The condo unit is 622 sq. ft. Does that change your reading of the price tag or you still thing it is a very high price esp. without parking? I am down to the wire now and tomorrow the 10-days end and I have to decide. The lawyer sent some changes to the sale terms mostly trying to cap certain expenses the builder agreed to some and declined others. It is a tough decision but your information (and others here on UT has been very helpful).

Thanks again Jaybee:

The condo unit is 622 sq. ft. Does that change your reading of the price tag or you still thing it is a very high price esp. without parking? I am down to the wire now and tomorrow the 10-days end and I have to decide. The lawyer sent some changes to the sale terms mostly trying to cap certain expenses the builder agreed to some and declined others. It is a tough decision but your information (and others here on UT has been very helpful).

get an extension in writing from the builder !
if they ask why, say you're still deciding based on their decision to decline some of the changes, etc.

since i can't see the attachment, i'm going to guess you have the 1H + den unit that i see on the website.
but i don't see the wrap-around balcony ?!?

$600+ psf seems on the high side IMO for the location and project without parking + locker, but others might disagree.

if you do have the 1H + den, let me say that there's alot of wasted space with hallways and traffic flow patterns.

also the LR/DR area is very small as the dimensions include the linear kitchen.

Last edited:

Back