News   Mar 28, 2024
 568     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 422     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 758     0 

Metrolinx Mobility Hubs (Port Credit, Cooksville, etc.)

FutureMayor

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was really hoping to share with information as the newly elected City Councillor for Ward 7 Mississauga, but here I go anyways.

The City of Mississauga in partnership with GO Transit/Metrolinx is breaking new ground with planning for major and spectacular new mobility hubs unseen in the 905 Region thus far.

I'm delighted to share with you a Metrolinx presentation to the Real Estate Institute of Canada in October 2010, that outlines plans for exciting new mobility hubs:

http://www.reic.ca/chapters/toronto/documents/REIC-20101012.pdf

Page 32: Kipling Station - Mississauga/GO Transit Regional Transit Terminal
Notice the new Dundas Street Civic Square, Overhead Pedestrian Bridges and Green Roof Design.

Page 35: Cooksville - High density, pedestrian oriented development with a dozen new towers with ground floor retail, and central square.

New $35 million 5 level parking structure to replaced ALL surface parking (funding already recieved from federal government) with an active green roof, along side a relocated Cooksville GO Station over Hurontario Street to connect directly with the new Hurontario LRT Line.

Page 39: Port Credit - new multi-level parking structure to replace surface parking lot integrated with new mixed use, high density development.

Also included in the presentation:

Page 42: Dundas West/Bloor Station

Page 45: Kennedy Station

Louroz

Thanks for the link! I hope transit does move in this direction in the GTAH. I am really excited about all these planned mobility hubs and the ease of transferring from system to system- hopefully a lot of these plans come through.

I hope this is the direction it goes as well. Although I think all of this is needed now, not in the future. We're so behind.

Look at that huge building at Kipling! Wow haha. And that is some serious density at Cooksville. That bridge over Hurontario is already needed, and I don't know what's taking so long! I guess it won't be there until they build the LRT.
I noticed there is development signs up in the fenced in area south of the parking lot.

So GO's idea of "Mobility Hub" is to build a new multi-level parking garage, in Port Credit of all places. More parking for Port Credit, why am I not surprised.

Back