Toronto Fuse & Fuse2 Condos | 80.16m | 27s | Neudorfer | Barrett

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://fusecondos.com/

Next phase of the Upside Down Condos development. Looks like the corner building at Lansdowne and Dupont is getting restored and being incorporated as lofts and a new Metro.

fuset.jpg

Wow that looks great! I went by there last year and expected them to bulldoze the nice industrial building. Nice surprise. Maybe that area will be okay ... I know the Chelsey Lofts (I think that is what they are called) across the street are not the best tenanted, but the building itself looks very nice. Now they just need to get rid of that Coffee Time! And fast!

thanks JanneClaude ... the findings are consistent with UD's earlier post in the Electric City / Upside Down condos thread:

the next phase? http://twitter.com/urbanation
Coming spring 2011 to Lansdowne and Dupont, Fuse Modern Condominiums + Authentic Lofts: www.fusecondos.com

the new building looks just alright, it does appear to be a Burka design though ... the industrial building is designated heritage I believe does it had to be maintained by the development ...

Fuse Condos being part of the same overal development as Electric City / Upside Down condos, perhaps MODs may consider combining the threads?

Community Master Plan model ...

Click to Enlarge

Amazing! Love how they incorporate the existing brick warehouse

This area has so much potential ...reminds me of Liberty Village circa 2004

Hmm... just analyzing those models in Post #3, and it shows the factory building along Lansdowne (north of the tracks) is supposed to be preserved. But that has just been taken down. The hoarding currently doesn't give any details of what is planned. At one point, I remember seeing a small rendering depicting a dark low-rise warehouse-esque building that looked different from the original (now demo'd) warehouse. It wasn't very aesthetically redeeming, not as nice as the Foundry Lofts block, so maybe they're building something new instead. Overall, this is such a mysterious project.

Last edited:
LMAO!!

What are rental prices like in this area for newer buildings?

What else are they doing to this area to be able to claim 'up and coming'

Yea defn. But what else?

Has 1011 Landsdowne been torn down yet? From what I have read that building is a huge slum. From an investors perspective having nearby rental buildings that rent out 2 bedroom units for as low as $1000 would hurt. What's the appeal of this area besides the prices?

The not-so-appealing massive factory building on Lansdowne (not pictured in rendering) has been demolished.

6273842540_506057e58d_b.jpg

A crane has been installed, although not for the spot of the Fuse Phase I tower.

6273842892_2e22584145_b.jpg

Overlooking the massive plot of land.

6273320159_e5f366ecca_b.jpg

Crane in the background is for "Upside Down Condos".

6273319801_5054914cb8_b.jpg

6273320423_f5295b3c0d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yea defn. But what else?

Has 1011 Landsdowne been torn down yet? From what I have read that building is a huge slum. From an investors perspective having nearby rental buildings that rent out 2 bedroom units for as low as $1000 would hurt. What's the appeal of this area besides the prices?

They have been insulating the exterior and panting it......it looks better, but it is still a rat hole. I do hope when the new buildings are up the Coffee Time will also be transformed into something else......a Tim Hortons or a nice coffee shop....

Bye bye to my former bummy Lansdowne nabe. It was fun while it lasted.

You're gonna be getting the make-over treatment now.

Back