News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Milton Transit Gets Festive

APTA-2048

Member Bio
Reaction score
A nice touch from Milton Transit for the holiday season. Vancouver also does this (been doing it for some time now). Hopefully it becomes a tradition in Milton too.

That bus looks ridiculous. I much prefer the holiday buses here in York Region:

3235987571_cb6ee6e303.jpg

76899_456183382820_508587820_6018289_7019185_n.jpg

With the robot-voice automated stop announcements on Viva, who needs to look outside anyway?

Except for Thornhill or Downtown Markham, there's nothing really interesting to see along Viva routes.

Uh, those wraps are "transparent" where the windows are, right? I mean, regardless of whether there's "anything to see", there's a psychological argument on behalf of windows--nobody wants to travel in something that feels like an ambulance or police wagon, right?

Besides, this is Urban Toronto--to any observer of that which surrounds us, *everything* (and the sequence thereof) can be potentially interesting to see along Viva routes...

Most window wraps I've experienced leave me wishing they were more transparent, though there have been times I'm thankful for them filtering the rising sun in the early morning.

And besides, at this time of the year, accumulated salt + mud + gunk can be no less "obscuring" than a window wrap...

If I saw that Milton bus coming down the street in a snow storm, it would probably freak me out! lol!
And I would say that the salt, mud and such in comparison to the fully body livery isn't as visually impairing, though none the less inconvenient.

Back