News   Apr 19, 2024
 146     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 558     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Poll: Renaming Yonge-University-Spadina

What should the Yonge-University-Spadina line be called?

• Yonge-University-Spadina

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Yonge-University

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Yellow Line

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Line 1

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Voted other, as I usually refer to the line as a whole as YUS, or individually as either the Yonge line or University line.

On a more confusing note, if going by the complete street designation, It'd end up being the ASBUFY or YFUBSA which ever way you prefer. (Allen, Spadina, University, Bloor, Front, Yonge).

In five years it will be Interchange, Jane, Ian MacDonald, Keele, St. Regis, Sheppard, Allen, Spadina, Bloor, Queen's Park, University, Front, Yonge

I like Yonge-University - it will serve all 4 main university campi in Toronto - U of T, Ryerson, York, OCA(D).

I recall reading that they are changing it officially to Yonge-University when the extension opens, but maybe I was dreaming. The "University" part will take on extra meaning when the line also goes to York.

I recall reading that they are changing it officially to Yonge-University when the extension opens, but maybe I was dreaming. The "University" part will take on extra meaning when the line also goes to York.

Indeed. The line will give direct access to all 3 university main campuses in Toronto.

I also thought that they would be changing the name, but now I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Might as well call it Yonge-University-Vaughan if theres another Spadina extension within 50 years.

I usually call the western half the Spadina line, as I tend to transfer to it at St. George.

However, the Yonge-Spadina line sounds odd without University in the middle.

Back