Mississauga U of T: UTM Instructional Centre | ?m | 3s | U of T | Perkins&Will

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't see a thread for this project ...
I'm not sure who the architects are for this project but we can always update the header once found out...
One of my favourities on campus...
20100912021.jpg

20100912016.jpg

20101210015.jpg

20101210020.jpg

20101210022.jpg

20101210023.jpg

20101210024.jpg

20101210026.jpg

The CCIT building (Communications, Culture and Technology) was built about five years ago, if I remember correctly. This "Instructional Building" (uninspiring name) is a completely separate project, as is the Health Sciences building.

In the most recent five years or so, UT Miss. has acquired a couple of new residence buildings (Erindale Hall and Oscar Peterson Hall), the new Hazel McCallion library, and the greatly expanded Athletics Centre. The place has grown hugely over the past few years. The Mississauga and Scarborough campuses are being expected to take the growth in the number of students, as the downtown campus is becoming maxed out.

If the billboard in the second picture is correct, this is a Shore Tilbe project (architects of the Hazel Mac Library and Learning Center on campus and, further back in time, Mississauga Central Library, among others).

the new library there is one of the finest libraries I've worked in... the interior design is wonderfully thought out, and the lighting is perfect. So many old libraries didn't divide up spaces properly and had extremely bright white lighting. This library gets it right. The new instructional centre also looks promising.

Now if they weren't so cheap in terms of hiring professors for this campus........

I like this a lot so far, just like the u/c Health Sciences Complex. Such a shame, they are tucked away, hidden from view, yet the Sheridan College building u/c in MCC is in a centralized location and in full view of everyone, yet it just pales in comparison to both of the new buildings at UTM.

Mississauaga should have it's own big univeristy in the city centre or in Port Credit.

Back