Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
Project Essentials / dataBase detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
U of T: UTM Instructional Centre
University of Toronto Mississauga, Mississauga
Developer: University of Toronto
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U of T: UTM Instructional Centre (Eastern, 3s, Shore Tilbe Perkins + Will)

Default U of T: UTM Instructional Centre (Eastern, 3s, Shore Tilbe Perkins + Will)

I don't see a thread for this project ...
    I'm not sure who the architects are for this project but we can always update the header once found out...
    One of my favourities on campus...

Beautiful looking building! This campus is getting all kinds of nice architecture.

I love that cladding!! What is it?

Wow UTM has changed in the years since I went there. Is this another new building after the CCIT?

The CCIT building (Communications, Culture and Technology) was built about five years ago, if I remember correctly. This "Instructional Building" (uninspiring name) is a completely separate project, as is the Health Sciences building.

In the most recent five years or so, UT Miss. has acquired a couple of new residence buildings (Erindale Hall and Oscar Peterson Hall), the new Hazel McCallion library, and the greatly expanded Athletics Centre. The place has grown hugely over the past few years. The Mississauga and Scarborough campuses are being expected to take the growth in the number of students, as the downtown campus is becoming maxed out.

^
    Here is a picture of the Athletics Centre -> very nice!

If the billboard in the second picture is correct, this is a Shore Tilbe project (architects of the Hazel Mac Library and Learning Center on campus and, further back in time, Mississauga Central Library, among others).

8. Default

the new library there is one of the finest libraries I've worked in... the interior design is wonderfully thought out, and the lighting is perfect. So many old libraries didn't divide up spaces properly and had extremely bright white lighting. This library gets it right. The new instructional centre also looks promising.

Now if they weren't so cheap in terms of hiring professors for this campus........

The library is fantastic...

I like how the texture mimics many Brutalist buildings, including some at UTM iirc. One thing that still holds true today, judging by the girls I know that attend the college--they're damned hot! (Just like the architecture.)

And I repeat: what material is the green cladding?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Towered View Post
    And I repeat: what material is the green cladding?
    the architects' website calls it "pre-patinated copper cladding".

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the architects' website calls it "pre-patinated copper cladding".
    So it's like pre-greened copper?

I like this a lot so far, just like the u/c Health Sciences Complex. Such a shame, they are tucked away, hidden from view, yet the Sheridan College building u/c in MCC is in a centralized location and in full view of everyone, yet it just pales in comparison to both of the new buildings at UTM.

Mississauaga should have it's own big univeristy in the city centre or in Port Credit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast