News   Mar 28, 2024
 285     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 256     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 291     0 

Save Transit City Canvass!

Fortunately, I don't have a Facebook account.

Sucks to be you I guess.

Here's the info:

Time
04 December · 14:00 - 16:00

Location Yonge & Eglinton, Northwest corner

Created by:
Adam Chaleff-Freudenthaler

More info
Clarification:
This event isn't a rally -- there's little point talking to those who already agree with us. What we'll be doing is knocking on doors to talk to residents about the importance of keeping rapid transit on track along corridors like Eglinton, Sheppard and Finch. We'll be encouraging them to take specific actions to help save the transit infrastructure Toronto so desperately needs.

After all the annoying LRTistas spouting off in the SOS threads, I'm happy to inject some PRO-SUBWAY thoughts into this thread.

Thank God for Ford cancelling Transit City! It's about time we had a mayor with half a brain!

I wonder if SOS is going to now campaign for Eglinton to be saved instead. It's save our subways, not save our Scarborough at the cost of the transit line w most similarities to subway - and makes the most sense as a network element.

If not, or if it argues it is of lesser priority over Sheppard, then it only confirms my suspicions about the group.

AoD

Last edited:
After all the annoying LRTistas spouting off in the SOS threads, I'm happy to inject some PRO-SUBWAY thoughts into this thread.

Thank God for Ford cancelling Transit City! It's about time we had a mayor with half a brain!

SOS was a joke concieved by a bunch of jokers who could not even come with a decent plan.

Oh Snap!!

Seriously, SOS was a joke. You live in 'Suaga, yet you are pushing for a subway in Scarborough. What's wrong with this picture?

SOS was a joke concieved by a bunch of jokers who could not even come with a decent plan.

Oh Snap!!

Seriously, SOS was a joke. You live in 'Suaga, yet you are pushing for a subway in Scarborough. What's wrong with this picture?

lol EVERYTHING'S wrong with this picture Justin!

Coruscunti Cog whatever =

owned.jpg

I wonder if SOS is going to now campaign for Eglinton to be saved instead. It's save our subways, not save our Scarborough at the cost of the transit line w most similarities to subway - and makes the most sense as a network element.

If not, or if it argues it is of lesser priority over Sheppard, then it only confirms my suspicions about the group.

AoD

I didn't realize anyone had targeted Eglinton for cancellation unless you've spoken to Ford about it? Please enlighten us as to the threat to Eglinton's LRT tunnel?

Hazel? Ya, you might be right, but still I think she's better than Ford.

Hazel? When was she ever the Mayor of Toronto. If only. No, you know very well I'm referring to Miller. Cancelling long-planned subways for LRTs is a total no-brain move that is now being fixed by a half-brain mayor.

I didn't realize anyone had targeted Eglinton for cancellation unless you've spoken to Ford about it? Please enlighten us as to the threat to Eglinton's LRT tunnel?

I would think the threat was fairly obvious. The Eglinton LRT was proposed under David Miller's Transit City LRT plan. It doesn't show up on Rob Ford's map. Rob Ford wants to trash anything associated with Miller. Doesn't look good for Eglinton.

I think the best we can hope for is for Ford to change it to a subway between Don Mills and Eglinton rather than cancel everything.

I agree with AoD, it would be stupid to cancel this tunnel in favour of a less useful one in Scarborough.

Hazel? When was she ever the Mayor of Toronto. If only. No, you know very well I'm referring to Miller. Cancelling long-planned subways for LRTs is a total no-brain move that is now being fixed by a half-brain mayor.

You said 'our' Mayor, meaning 'your' Mayor.. meaning Hazel..

You've been bested. We've all had a little chuckle. Move on.

Back