Toronto Minto Long Branch | ?m | 4s | Diamond Corp | Guthrie Muscovitch

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Very recently a large industrial facility at this address was demolished on Lakeshore just east of Brown's Line, on the north side. I found the application sign pictured below for what sounds like a substantial development, but I couldn't find a thread for it. It's a very large site - does anyone know more?

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,415
They really do. Seems Toronto's Cheddingtonista vermin feel most secure in the areas flung far from the core...

3600-3560 Lake Shore Blvd W (Long Branch, 13 3 to 12's Condos)

This project is across the street from the Long Branch Condo at Long Branch Ave. I expect to see the existing Beer Store remaining where it is at this time, with retail at grade on Lake Shore for the new buildings. A little on the low side for height of the buildings since they will be backing onto the rail corridor with industry to the north. Its a 5 minute drive/ride to the Long Branch GO Station.
5851074805_bae6dbc521_b.jpg

5851080419_f8fec6182a_b.jpg

5851631390_55b5e09a45_b.jpg

5851641588_724cba37eb_b.jpg

So it appears Diamond Corp is the builder, and it is my understanding that this development includes:
  • a L-shaped apartment building terracing from 12 storeys down to 8 storeys
  • 2 low rise apartment buildings each at 4 storeys
  • an array of back-to-back and stacked townhouses, 3 or 4 storeys, north of the new east-west local collector road (in the rear portion of the property)

Diamond Corp and the Kilmer Group are partnering on this site, so I wonder if the architect will be Quadrangle?

http://www.kilmergroup.com/brownfie... City of Toronto, Friday February 4, 2011.pdf

Here's the rendering included in that issue--approx 200 townhouse units, looks schlocky to me!

3600lakeshoreblvdwdiamo.jpg

That's a bummer and a miss opportune for this area, with GO down the street.

Think small because the NIMBY’s will be after you is the wrong way to go.

I can see the car folks having a hand in this development.

May 19:
Mod's Note New Title
Minto Southshore (3600-3560 Lake Shore Blvd W (Long Branch, Diamond Corp., Minto, 12s + lowrise))..... http://mintosouthshore.ca
7245473152_a103a33c43_b.jpg

7245480056_e8843711ba_b.jpg

7245458932_b1c68f752e_b.jpg

7245445896_0b8dfa7e34_b.jpg

May 19:
Mod's Note New Title
Minto Southshore (3600-3560 Lake Shore Blvd W (Long Branch, Diamond Corp., Minto, 12s + lowrise)).....

confusing. Their web site says (and has a map) showing that the development will be at 24th street and carnation ave... which was a former industrial site that was recently cleared. It's a few blocks away from the site in the photo above.

Unless this will encompass two different sites (?)

confusing. Their web site says (and has a map) showing that the development will be at 24th street and carnation ave... which was a former industrial site that was recently cleared. It's a few blocks away from the site in the photo above.

Unless this will encompass two different sites (?)

Welcome to the boat.

The original plan and sign call for all the development to be built around the Beer Store as it was staying.

Considering work started last year on the east section with approval for a few towers and now seeing this, its possible the west section was sold to Minto with Diamond still having some control. The east section hasn't advance since the approval of those few towers last year.

Until we see what is on the east hording, we have to say it still one site, but I think its 2 different ones at this time.

The main entrance for the whole complex was to be at Long Branch lights.

Damn, am I the only one disappointed that Long Branch is losing an industrial area to yet more residential?
What are you to do if companies have no interested in setting up shop in that area?

What do landowners do if there is no buyers for their industrial land??

When I looked at the site in Dec, they had done some service insulation, but still look the same as I saw it in June.

No great rush for this project.

The hoarding was up then.

Back