News   Mar 28, 2024
 884     0 

Ontario voters would turf McGuinty

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Another dictator is about to bite the dust.:D

TORONTO — Voters in Ontario are looking for change, and if an election was held tomorrow, they would bid adieu to Premier Dalton McGuinty and the Liberals, according to a new poll.

The poll, done by Ipsos Reid exclusively for Postmedia News and Global News, found that 41% of respondents who were decided voters said they would elect the provincial Progressive Conservatives, under leader Tim Hudak, if the election took place now.
The Liberals trailed behind with 32% support; the NDP with 20%; and the Green party with 7%.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/Ontario+voters+would+turf+McGuinty+poll/3862903/story.html

http://netnewsledger.com/?p=4153

Last edited:
and 5 months ago if a election was held in Toronto according to polls George Smitherman would be mayor.

Remember when everyone seemed convinced that John Tory was going to effortlessly ride into office on a wave of discontent?

Yeah at this point people don't know Tim Hudak, they just know that whatever he does it must be better than Dalton. Plenty of time to change that.

Dalton's definitely in trouble though. My fear would be that Hudak wins for simply not being Dalton. Hopefully, people will actually pay him some attention (and I'm willing to bet a good chunk won't like what they see) though.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about the future of land use planning in the event that McGuinty loses the election and the possible damage some other bonehead could do if elected. Has there been any indication that Hudak's conservatives want to or will be able to repeal or modify the Greenbelt legislation?

AG:

Another dictator is about to bite the dust.

Really? Dictator? If Dalton is dictatorship then am sure you have wonderful things to say about the federal counterpart consider his history of antidemocratic behaviour. I will count on you to celebrate his departure in that case.

AoD

i have a feeling that the "gravy train" is gonna make an appearance in this election.

I'm concerned about the future of land use planning in the event that McGuinty loses the election and the possible damage some other bonehead could do if elected. Has there been any indication that Hudak's conservatives want to or will be able to repeal or modify the Greenbelt legislation?
Not just that. The last thing we need is more insane knee-jerk conservatism, especially with a person who could be as destructive as Hudak.

Hopefully we won't have to suffer Rob Ford, Tim Hudak, and Stephen Harper in 2012.

It's amazing how one MPP (Smitherman) can single handidly put an entire government at risk!

Back