Limelight Condos (Daniels Corporation) - Real Estate -

Are you an investor? I'd stay away from this project unless you plan on renting your unit out, for a loss???

Actually, Square One offers one of the best +ve cash flow rental opportunity in the GTA. I've done the calculations: You can purchase brand new 1br for $220K and it carries for $1,300/mth rental. Try that downtown and you are looking at $330K to purchase that only rents for $1500: not good.

Been following this thread since day one! =)
Whats the price difference from pre-construction to now?

PS I wanted the Clover but its sold out in both towers =(

Last edited:
I had a chance to check out the model suite on the 5th floor of the South Building about a week and a half ago.

Everything seems to be coming together great and i don't believe there will be any delays (my move in date is still July 17th as it stands).

Anyhow, I snapped a couple crappy pictures.

The entire lobby walls are covered in this brick - looks awesome:

IMG03160-20120531-1614.jpg

Quick pic of the model suite -- i should have taken better pictures but I was too busy looking around haha:

IMG03161-20120531-1619.jpg

T-minus one month until move in!

I had a chance to check out the model suite on the 5th floor of the South Building about a week and a half ago.

Everything seems to be coming together great and i don't believe there will be any delays (my move in date is still July 17th as it stands).

Anyhow, I snapped a couple crappy pictures.

The entire lobby walls are covered in this brick - looks awesome:

IMG03160-20120531-1614.jpg

Quick pic of the model suite -- i should have taken better pictures but I was too busy looking around haha:

IMG03161-20120531-1619.jpg

T-minus one month until move in!

i do not like the sink location in kitchen... why would on earth be placed at the far end? this seems isolated.

Are there any other people here that have closed their condo and had as much trouble with this building?

I know Daniels has always been known to be a reputable builder but they must have felt this building was not important. When i entered my unit for the PDI my upgrades were not complete, having carpet instead of bamboo floors a week before closing (not to mention I'm allergic to carpet), and several other deficiencies walls and ceilings cracked, tape and calking showing, appliances scratched, non leveled cabinets and the list goes on. I had the longest PDI of decencies in this building according to the inspector.

The banks appraiser needed to come in once the floors were completed; which were completed on the supposed closing date and then i learned that the value of my condo was 42k under what i paid for. Leaving me in a bind to close my unit, then to find that the builder was taking the HST rebate for them self and others in the building and not crediting the buyer.

This does not leave Daniels as a builder very credible and as a first time buyer with them i am still not able to close and then told to pay a $5k extension penalty on the builders mistakes. Have others in the buildings appraisals been coming under or having the same problems with closing? Would love to know how you handled it as this is unreasonable.

Are there any other people here that have closed their condo and had as much trouble with this building?

I know Daniels has always been known to be a reputable builder but they must have felt this building was not important. When i entered my unit for the PDI my upgrades were not complete, having carpet instead of bamboo floors a week before closing (not to mention I'm allergic to carpet), and several other deficiencies walls and ceilings cracked, tape and calking showing, appliances scratched, non leveled cabinets and the list goes on. I had the longest PDI of decencies in this building according to the inspector.

The banks appraiser needed to come in once the floors were completed; which were completed on the supposed closing date and then i learned that the value of my condo was 42k under what i paid for. Leaving me in a bind to close my unit, then to find that the builder was taking the HST rebate for them self and others in the building and not crediting the buyer.

This does not leave Daniels as a builder very credible and as a first time buyer with them i am still not able to close and then told to pay a $5k extension penalty on the builders mistakes. Have others in the buildings appraisals been coming under or having the same problems with closing? Would love to know how you handled it as this is unreasonable.

$42K less that what you paid? That doesn't make any sense. How could it be so far off?

Could just be an unfortunate mistake by the builder. They likely messed up your order form somewhere down te line for the flooring, and maybe had a new guy install the cabinets. These things unfortunately happen, but it should always be up to the developer to close a property properly, irregardless how badly the contractors performed their work.

....My UPH suite was a resale when purchased, not brand new.

Last edited:
$42K less that what you paid? That doesn't make any sense. How could it be so far off?

Yup 43,900k they were comparing it to the absolute towers, chicago and others in the area. As I'm on the 28th floor they don't believe that a corner unit is valued at what i paid for. Apparently a lot of others were appraised at much lower too. I was hoping i could find someone on this thread to see what they did. What appraisers did you guys have appraise your unit?

Last edited:
Could just be an unfortunate mistake by the builder. They likely messed up your order form somewhere down te line for the flooring, and maybe had a new guy install the cabinets. These things unfortunately happen, but it should always be up to the developer to close a property properly, irregardless how badly the contractors performed their work.

Well the developer said they would only fix the floors which the other floor in the living room needed to be ripped out and redone as it was all scratched up. And their excuse was that they had 120 days after moving in to fix the rest. How can someone live in a condo with the walls cracked that's not ready to move in, a leaky balcony door, the shower was leaking all over the floor.. and a lot of other things that could be listed all 4 days before i was supposed to close. Shows the builder doesn't take the time to do quality work and then charges the buyer a fee for delaying the closing when they didn't make it occupancy ready for closing.

MississaugaClouds.....this discussion should really be in the real estate section of the forum.....however..

- I went with a client of mine on his PDI inspections of 2 units (north tower).....everything was immaculate, except for a very minor scratch in the hardwood floor of one unit, which was repaired prior to closing..

- he had no trouble with appraisals, afaik, as everything closed o.k.

- the only time I have heard of HST credits being revoked is if you rented or sold your unit prior to registration....there is an HST credit built in to the purchase price, for owner occupants only, which can be forfeited if you rent or resell your unit prior to registration (and the builder finds out about it)...

Last edited:

Back