News   Mar 28, 2024
 605     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 436     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 766     0 

Backstage (1 Bedroom)

Ah, this is the floor plan with the oddly placed W/D and closet... ask the builder if they can make the suggested changes pointed out in this thread: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...int-Cityzen-Fernbrook-36s-Page-Steele)/page37

While the builder may have some challenges that result in such placement, it is up to buyers to mention improvements.

Considering the location of this building, there are many design challenges and with that in mind I am quite impressed with a lot of the floor plans at Backstage. This one, however, I could never accept. Under no circumstances should you have to walk through your kitchen and living room to hang up your winter coat. Think about how difficult it will be to furnish the living room (you can forget the optional island).

If the closet were where the W/D is and the W/D was in the bedroom then the closet in the living room could be eliminated thus opening things up and making it a lot easier to furnish and setup without blocking any doors or having oddly placed furniture.

Big cons for me....

- The unit opens up into the kitchen...which means you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the closet, living room, bedroom, etc.
- The living/dining room is small
- placement of the closet

Small cons

- small appliances
- no balcony
- no bathtub
- linear kitchen

Pros

- a lot of windows give a nice airy feel

Yes they are giving discounts on those 1+den suites.

The builder could not have screwed up more on pricing and floorplans. When they launched the difference between that one bedroom and one and den was about 100k which we all know is quite a large gap. When the builder realized they did not move as many one+dens and 2 beds as they thought the light bulb turned on. They spiked the one beds about 50k and reduced the one and dens about 25k to make them more in line. Now they are close to 600 a foot which is very reasonable for the building. If Cityzen would have thought it out a bit better they could have easily blown out the building at $ 700 a foot with a better floorplate and smaller units. The finishes, features and location are great.. They are close to 50% sold at this point and have not even offered units to general brokers and registered individuals

Back