News   Mar 28, 2024
 351     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 363     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 711     0 

Real estate agents - why do you do this?

mig174

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not meaning to start a flamewar, but why does every real estate agent in every single real estate listing capitalize the first letter of every single word?

What is this supposed to accomplish other than imply you have a dubious grasp of English grammar? It just makes you ad harder to read and insanely more annoying. Also, stop adding countless !!!!111 to your ads. Goddamn it's like reading things written by 13 year old girls. I don't want to believe that the people responsible for selling or buying property worth hundreds of thousands of dollars have the mental capacity of a 13 year old.

Looks like the ads got your attention didn't it?

CoolStoryBro.jpg

Looks like the ads got your attention didn't it?

Well, yeah, negative attention.

It's human selling nature to add exclamations and make something sound like it's more than it really is. But, yes, Capitalizing Every Word In A Sentence Is Just Plain Rediculous... I'm curious as to why so many realtors do this. Meanwhile, the few that don't are the ones that actually *stand out* and make the buyer feel more confident in the listing.

I think it's because most real estate agents were at the general level in high school...not advanced. Basically, Community College level not University level. Watching some of these agents makes me realize the reason they're good at their job is because they are actually quite stupid.:p

I don't think that is a fair statement " that they are stupid ". Besides, they have landed in an area with minimal education requirements and as you point out they can make alot of money. This is why so many go into it. But the questions is: who is smarter: those with a 5 month or so course making a 6 figure income, or someone who went to University for 5-10 years and making a similar income.
For time and money invested, the R/E agent wins hands down.
Does this reflect well on society as a whole? Of course not. Things I believe not just for real estate agents but overall are quite out of wack. $100 million for a 6 year sports contract? Does this stand to reason? Exec's with stock options worth 10 x their salary. And the majority of the population working to get $40000/year for working most jobs in society. Etc.

P.S. I realize this has nothing to do with the original topic of using too many capital letters and multiple exclamation points.

Last edited:
I don't know what the big deal is. Do you really think a couple of caps and exclamation marks have any weight on a buyer's decision to purchase?

"Oh no, there are too many capitalized letters and exclamation marks, I don't want to see the place."

It's all about location, price and aesthetics.

But the questions is: who is smarter: those with a 5 month or so course making a 6 figure income, or someone who went to University for 5-10 years and making a similar income.
For time and money invested, the R/E agent wins hands down.

RE agents certainly aren't stupid. Some are. Most aren't. And that's the case with any job.

It would be interesting to know how many are making 6 figure incomes. Don't they say that 20% of RE agents make 80% of the money? Of course, that's a simple saying but it must derive from some sort of reality.

RE agents certainly aren't stupid. Some are. Most aren't. And that's the case with any job.

It would be interesting to know how many are making 6 figure incomes. Don't they say that 20% of RE agents make 80% of the money? Of course, that's a simple saying but it must derive from some sort of reality.

I believe o a fair numberf R/E agents are part time. In the City of Toronto with an average price of over $400,00: selling say 1 house/month (being full time) I don't think would be an exagertion means $10000 of commission (1/2 the commission based on 5%) from which subtract say $2000/month in costs and that is $8000 assuming they don't get both sides of the deal. I believe I have heard $60000/year quoted as average but there are alot of part time agents.

Again, I am extrapolating and trying to use some common sense but my estimates may well be off (selling less property: higher costs). I know locally we have the top 1% of agents stating they had 100 sales in a year (and some of those they get both sides of the deal). There probably are a few agents who maintain a licence and just do their own/family realestate and do 1 sale a year but that is not really a job per say but rather a hobby.

Not meaning to start a flamewar, but why does every real estate agent in every single real estate listing capitalize the first letter of every single word?

What is this supposed to accomplish other than imply you have a dubious grasp of English grammar? It just makes you ad harder to read and insanely more annoying. Also, stop adding countless !!!!111 to your ads. Goddamn it's like reading things written by 13 year old girls. I don't want to believe that the people responsible for selling or buying property worth hundreds of thousands of dollars have the mental capacity of a 13 year old.

that is because the system/website agents use to broker load the listing automatically capitalize the first letter of everyword. Its designed like that.. Don't ask me why.

A dual agency" which is when the same agent corresponds to both the purchaser and seller may previously have a strong relationship with the seller and may look out for their top importance, not yours. Not to state, the upper the sales price, the upper the commission and if you are using the sellers agent, they are receiving compensated for both ends of the deal. Some people are liable to believe if they use the selling agent it will save them money on bargaining a better contract by saving the seller from all those charges.

I agreed with zeeden its not really on the couple of caps and exclamation marks that makes the decision of the buyer to make them purchase, on my opinion its best to keep the buyer interested on what you are selling.

Real estate agent is most important for real estate business. There re many tips for real estate agent like have communication skill, have ll information about this field as well as Establish sales goals and so on.

This seem to be your typical Realtor that's for sure, some bimbo living off mommy and daddy but is reluctant to get a real job, and too stupid to get a proper education!

Back