News   Mar 28, 2024
 96     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 229     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Floorplan thoughts? 650 King West

is it really 735SF (interior) or does that include some outdoor space we can't see ???
that bedroom doesn't look like it's 10'9"x 14'5" unless it includes the back of the closet wall !

i don't like that they blocked off the kitchen with the wall - that leaves it all dark.
if they are going to have a dark kitchen, they should have swapped placed it where the bedroom is now right adjacent to a LR/DR, with the bedroom on the far right.
that way, both the Living space and bedroom have natural sunlight.

is it really 735SF (interior) or does that include some outdoor space we can't see ???
that bedroom doesn't look like it's 10'9"x 14'5" unless it includes the back of the closet wall !

i don't like that they blocked off the kitchen with the wall - that leaves it all dark.
if they are going to have a dark kitchen, they should have swapped placed it where the bedroom is now right adjacent to a LR/DR, with the bedroom on the far right.
that way, both the Living space and bedroom have natural sunlight.

there is not any outdoor space. it is 735 sq ft interior. yes, the 14'5" includes the closet space, so the bedroom should be 10'9"x12'5" aprox

It's interesting, to say the least.

Have to agree with cdr. If they put the kitchen where the bedroom is and the bedroom to the far right then it would be more open and there would be more light in every room. You would then have a longer entrance at the hallway (an L-shaped hallway) but that simply takes the place of the "library".

But it is all usable space and there are worse floor plans. In fact, I wonder if there was some forethought put into this floor plan... what might the view be from the area that is the kitchen? If they know it's a bad view then perhaps this is an ideal floor plan. Often we consider floor plans only with the interior in mind.

the unit is on the 1st floor facing this small courtyard

Attachments

• courtyard.jpg
    courtyard.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 592
  • courtyard1.jpg
    courtyard1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Yes, the windows are at the bottom of the image. There is a small window in the bedroom by the door

I don't think I could live in a place with such a small bedroom window. It's probably perfect for someone who works at night. Does the bedroom concern you for resale?

I don't think I could live in a place with such a small bedroom window. It's probably perfect for someone who works at night. Does the bedroom concern you for resale?

those are floor to ceiling windows so ther are not that small, that window in the bedroom should be aprox 4'x9'

But half the window faces the closet so that cuts it down to 2x9. It looks like the only way you could even see the window while lying in bed would be if it was on the wall backing the bathroom. Aesthetically, you'd probably want to place the bed against the wall opposite the closet. Also, the door would always have to be closed so to not block any of the window. Just my thoughts.

I would get rid of the wall that forms the library/hall. The kitchen (and that entire living space) would look more open, more spacious and much brighter.

I saw this unit in person yesterday at an open house.
When I first walked in I had an eriee feeling that I know this unit from somewhere, and then I remembered!

Unfortunately I don't like this unit.
The unit is in the Bathurst St. building and was very difficult to find. You have to walk down a long hallway from the main lobby on King Street that lead to a pair of elevators for the Bathurst building. I had to ask the concierge twice for directions. Only one of the two elevators stops to the 1A mezzanine level which is where this unit is located. I didn't know this and there wasn't any signs. I had to wait until the right elevator reached the ground level. I would call this a speakeasy condo unit, which could be cool but could be a pain for guests.

The 1A mezzanine floor is very private, just only two units, the management office and storage locker rooms.
The unit itself was very dark and the ceiling heights on this mezzanine level was about 8 feet. The unit felt smaller than 735 sq.ft. much of it has to do with the amount of bulkheads and dropped ceilings in the hallways, bathroom, kitchen and a portion of the main living space which brought the ceiling height down to just over 7 feet. The fact that the floors are dark, some of walls painted dark grey and unit had very little light fixtures added to this cave-like feel.

The bedroom was a nice size and felt cozy due to it's darkness, and felt very private as it was nicely separated from the living area.
My earlier comment on removing the kitchen/library wall is especially true. The hallway is not wide enough to be a den, but is just enough room for a wall of built-in bookcases if you have a huge library of books. Removing this wall will create a lot more light and the feeling of spaciousness which is what this unit desperately needs.

The unit doesn't have any balcony space which could be an issue as the building has no amenity space other than the outdoor courtyard space just outside your window which doesn't seem to serve much practical use. When the Plazacorp Musée project gets built behind I am sure the courtyard and this unit will feel more confined.

The unit is selling for $389,900 which I think is priced a little high and doesn't have parking.

the wide angle photos with flash makes the space look twice as big and bright.
This could be a good unit for those who want privacy and don't care for daylight.

Back