Urban Toronto - Powered by vBulletin
UrbanToronto News - the latest headlines
How Tarion Helps Protect New Homebuyers
ALSO
Page 289 of 5435 FirstFirst ... 1892392792872882892902912993393897891289 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 81519

Thread: Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto

  1. #4321
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Lennon416 View Post
    I don't watch 22 Minutes and many people don't watch it either. What's your point?
    I don't always watch it either but I certainly know who Mary Walsh is. I suspect that the mayor has no clue about Canadian tv programming; he is probably fixated on the NFL game and that would be about all.


  2. Default

    I think Fraud is rapidly approaching the point where he'd make his Melness look respectable - even during his final days in office.

    AoD

  3. #4323

    Default

    And Ford's popularity continues to plummet. 37%.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...ar-bottom?bn=1
    Last edited by MisterF; 2011-Oct-25 at 09:17. Reason: URL formatting

  4. Default

    Mind you, Hazel sitting on top after what, 2 episodes of inappropriate behaviour wrt conflict of interest during her tenure speaks volumes about the electorate.

    AoD

  5. #4325
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Toronto
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterF View Post
    And Ford's popularity continues to plummet. 37%.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...ar-bottom?bn=1
    Only 47% of Torontonians who voted chose Ford. So, he's down 10%.

  6. #4326
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    That's not the way approval ratings work. Ford's down from a 60% approval rating earlier this year.

  7. #4327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Beez View Post
    Only 47% of Torontonians who voted chose Ford. So, he's down 10%.
    Your logic astounds me. Voter turnout =/= Approval rating. Ford's approval rating at his highest point was around 70%, which makes for an approximately 30 point drop.

  8. #4328
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    That the sheen has worn off for Ford is not a huge surprise. The big surprise (to me at least) is that Hurricane Hazel is still riding high.

  9. Default

    I think the electorate there tuned out of politics a long time ago - in fact I think that's the reason why H is so popular - they don't have to do the dirty work since H is doing it for them. Don't worry though, the day of reckoning is near, and I am not at all sanguine about the chances of a place that is so rusty at citizens being engaged in the governance of their city.

    AoD
    Last edited by AlvinofDiaspar; 2011-Oct-25 at 10:31.

  10. #4330
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar View Post
    I think Fraud is rapidly approaching the point where he'd make his Melness look respectable - even during his final days in office.
    Not even close. Not yet at least.

    I mean natives dancing around a boiling pot? Really?

  11. #4331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Good grief ... Rob Ford really doesn't recognize Mary Walsh? She's only been doing this role since when Mulroney was Prime Minister. When Ford was in his early 20s ...
    Well, Doug Ford didn't know what Margaret Atwood looked like. Perhaps someone needs to make the Brothers Ford some flash cards with photos of famous Canadians. Because you never know when you might find yourself in an elevator with Rick Mercer or Adrienne Clarkson or David Suzuki. You woudn't want to not say Hello.

    And I like Ford's veiled threat, "... I just hope someone else doesn’t do that again because I don’t want anything serious to happen." Just hope no more bespectacled, middle aged Warrior Princesses show up on his doorstep on Halloween. Who knows what might happen? And when are we going to get to hear the 911 call recording?
    Last edited by canmark; 2011-Oct-25 at 10:40.

  12. Default

    Eug:

    The comment itself is of course awful and embrassing in terms of IR, but with little impact on the governance of the city itself. Fraud on the other hand is only a year into his mandate and how many questionable ethical lapses with real impact have we had? That's not to mention the ongoing investigation into his campaign itself - let's just say, honest mistakes tend not to be complicated in execution.

    AoD
    Last edited by AlvinofDiaspar; 2011-Oct-25 at 10:41.

  13. Default

    canmark:

    And I like Ford's veiled threat, "... I just hope someone else doesnít do that again because I donít want anything serious to happen." Just hope no more bespectacled, middle aged Warrior Princesses show up on his doorstep on Halloween. Who knows what might happen?
    Oh I hope something happens - you bet it's going to be on National TV for all to see. No more "he said, she said" weaseling out of his own behaviour.

    AoD

  14. #4334
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Regardless of all else, Ford has unwittingly provided the Canadian comedy/satire shows with some great fodder. I hope for his own sake that he is prepared.


  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eug View Post
    . The big surprise (to me at least) is that Hurricane Hazel is still riding high.
    It just shows you that you can be corrupted in a city of money...and they still love you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •