693     0 

Priceless

MileHigh

Member Bio
Reaction score
$1452 - cost for 12 months of Metropass on the TTC
$36 - cost for weekly pass on the TTC
$3 - cost for one trip on the TTC

PRICELESS - The Downsview 108 driver falling asleep on his bus and missing his scheduled departure time.

I wish I had a video camera.

PRICELESS - The Downsview 108 driver falling asleep on his bus and missing his scheduled departure time.

The cost of owning a car in Toronto: $8,539.94 each year. Excluding traffic fines and parking fees. See this link for the numbers.

Would you really want a drowsy and sleepy driver pulling out of the station in that state? Report him and be done with it.

How many bus departures does the TTC have? (Thousands.) How many drivers fall asleep before leaving? (Not many, and better before they start driving!) How often does the 108 run? (Every 10-15 mnutes.) Why not cut the guy some slack or gently wake him up. Taking videos may seem cool but is not really the answer.

How many bus departures does the TTC have? (Thousands.) How many drivers fall asleep before leaving? (Not many, and better before they start driving!) How often does the 108 run? (Every 10-15 mnutes.) Why not cut the guy some slack or gently wake him up. Taking videos may seem cool but is not really the answer.

The only reason this guy woke up was because the bus running behind him showed up... She had to blow her horn a few times (he was parked off to the side).
I agree that a video camara might not be the answer, but I think that I'd be out of a job if I was caught sleeping on company time.
This would be equivalent to me going to work then missing a scheduled meeting because I fell asleep at my desk.

The only reason this guy woke up was because the bus running behind him showed up... She had to blow her horn a few times (he was parked off to the side).
I agree that a video camara might not be the answer, but I think that I'd be out of a job if I was caught sleeping on company time.
This would be equivalent to me going to work then missing a scheduled meeting because I fell asleep at my desk.

And that probably happens :)

In my lifetime of taking the buses on the TTC - and that's thousands of trips - I've never ever witnessed a sleeping driver or anything resembling that - and neither have any of my friends - so it's an extermely rare event. As they said you could report the driver

^^It's $26 for 10 1 zone ticket, and $36 for 2 zone tickets on YRT. No weekly pass.
For $36, I get streetcars, a subway network, and a lot of frequent buses. Only a fool would whine about the cost, compared to neighbouring agencies.

^^It's $26 for 10 1 zone ticket, and $36 for 2 zone tickets on YRT. No weekly pass.
For $36, I get streetcars, a subway network, and a lot of frequent buses. Only a fool would whine about the cost, compared to neighbouring agencies.

Uh, weekly passes are only $26 in Mississauga and Brampton. So the TTC weekly pass costs 38% more than that of MT and BT, while the Metropass only costs 13% more than the monthly passes of MT and BT.

Only a fool would defend the cost, compared to neighbouring agencies.

Uh, weekly passes are only $26 in Mississauga and Brampton. So the TTC weekly pass costs 38% more than that of MT and BT, while the Metropass only costs 13% more than the monthly passes of MT and BT.

There are many TTC apologists on thsi site. Get ready.

Outside of Toronto you would also wait 30 minutes for a bus at 10 PM in the evening. Or nothing at 3 AM in the morning. At least in Toronto you get normally a 5 minute non-rush hour service on the subway, or even comparable headways on the 510 Spadina on a Sunday daytime (3 minutes or better). And with a higher farebox recovery ratio (proportion of the amount of revenue generated through fares by its paying customers as a fraction of the cost of its total operating expenses for those who don't know the lingo) as well.

Last edited:
There are other options to weekly passes. The amount you pay gets cheaper the longer the commitment you are willing to make. You can get a weekly pass for $36 per week, a month of Metropass for $28 per week, or a year of Metropass for $25.60 per week. Realistically the TTC would have to charge more than $30 for the weekly pass to make the TTC any money over cash fare since presumably weekly pass sales would dry up on short weeks (no commitment). Really the TTC weekly pass is targeted at tourists who are in town for a week and will ride a lot, not commuters. Commuters are sold the longer commitment Metropass since working for a specific employer is normally a longer commitment than one week.

It is targeted at a different market. There isn't really a tourist market for weekly passes in Mississauga and Brampton. Why on earth would the TTC sell a weekly pass at $26 per week when the monthly pass is $28 per week. Only a fool would do that.

Back