305     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 669     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.5K     0 

Request for assistance with web search

A

Archivistower

Related to my official duties, I'm wondering if I could get as many people as possible to do a search on a publicly-available Ontario government website and tell me what the search results are. It doesn't matter if you get the same result as another person, I'd still like to hear from you. It will only take about 15 seconds to do.

I want you to search issues of the Ontario Gazette for the term "Scandium". Ontario Gazettes are available here. You will probably get three hits. Tell me what the name of the last document in the research set is. Thanks for helping.

139-10

...CONSTRUCTION INC. 000799219 S. F. TUBING LIMITED 000148493 SANTOS DEVELOPMENTS CORP. 000803803 SBB CONSULTING CORPORATION 001347990 SCANDIUM REALTY CORP. 000801587 SECURE FX SECURITY SYSTEMS INC. 001343613 SHOWTIME YACHT CHARTERS INC. 000803399 STONETECH DESIGNS INC...

Call off your hounds, Archivist! I can't take it any more!

You guys are great! Keep it coming. The more the better for me.

I'm also puzzled. Are you trying to increase the hits for this page?

Here's the scoop: I disagree with some of the way info is presented on the site, due to an emerging look and feel standard for the Ontario government. Every person here who searched was searching the entire public Ontario government site, not the Ontario Gazette site. In other words, not one of you actually searched what I asked for, not surprising really given the absurd presentation of the site.

To search the Ontario Gazette site, you needed to click elsewhere. My point is that the current layout and search options on the page are confusing and cannot stand, and I wanted some ammunition for a meeting I have tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Archivis:

Every person here who searched was searching the entire public Ontario government site, not the Ontario Gazette site.

So that's what it was. I was using the site to search for info on the East Bayfront and supportive housing in the gazette, and was quite surprised to find the hits linking to TWRC and MAH...

AoD

Back