News   Apr 19, 2024
 630     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Interior Designer Recommendation

silverwings

Member Bio
Reaction score
I need some recommendation on a good Interior Designer in Toronto that specialize in condos and modern design. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Those interior designs on "distinctive spaces" are pretty atrocious.

He works with what the client has, and their budget. If the client is willing to do much, then he can't do much. He should really update the website with some newer pictures.

Ie.
29996_122489287762795_100000051736009_301149_2989974_n.jpg

He works with what the client has, and their budget. If the client is willing to do much, then he can't do much. He should really update the website with some newer pictures.

is that your space?
what was there before? what did he do? recommend?

That's a much better picture but still looks pretty uninspired, boring and nothing anyone couldn't do on their own. There's no surprise - it looks like a Structube ad from 2003.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any recent recommendations for an interior designer? Also, how and how much do they usually charge? Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any recent recommendations for an interior designer? Also, how and how much do they usually charge? Thanks.

I think their rates depend - some highend ones can be quite expensive (i.e. the ones regularly featured in magazines; I think their rate can vary considerably depending on how established they are. You should also know your budget - some designers simply won't work with clients with a limited budget. I used an interior designer about 10 years ago but can't remember her name and in any event wouldn't recommend her. I think she charged an hourly rate and she got a discount on purchasing materials etc - and supposedly passed those savings on to me.

One word of caution - I'm not sure what the accreditation process is for an interior designer but I think its pretty loose and almost anyone can call themselves an interior designer. In choosing a designer, understand what you want done - is just decor i.e. picking out furniture; painting etc? Or you looking at more radical changes = like knocking out walls etc; redoing bathrooms /kitchens etc. If you are simply redoing a bathroom or kitchen I think some retailers will do the work themselves if you know what you want.
My limited experience with my one interior designer was that she was great in picking colours etc; but not so great when it comes to practical issues. I had my bathroom redone and some other minor work done.

And stating the obvious - if you live in a condo make sure you run your reno plans by the Board - most condo bylaws require this.

Good luck.

Those interior designs on "distinctive spaces" are pretty atrocious.

+1!
It looks like simple decluttering services to me. Anyone could do what they do. Very amateurish.

Many retailers have someone that could help you out. It may not be the best but it's free, you shouldn't be wasting your money on lousy decorators. As long as you know what you want and it helps if you collect images from magazines of interiors you like. Also www.houzz.com is a great resource for ideas and inspiration.

Back