News   Apr 17, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Swedish Townhouse

victor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Townhouse in Landskrona. Project by ELDING OSCARSON.

1.jpg

The narrow site is sandwiched between very old neighboring buildings. Three thin slabs are projected into the open volume, softly dividing its functions. The continuous interior space is opening up to the street, to an intimate garden, and to the sky. 2009. Photos by Ã…ke E:son Lindman.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Love it, wouldn't mind seeing an entire street of these in different geometric shapes. That interior though - waaaay to cold for me. Thanks for posting this victor.

I don't mind sterlity - I just don't find it executed particularly to my taste in this instance, like the use of chickenwire. I like my minimalism to be perfectionist - I don't want to see so much as a seam in anything.

AoD

"Out of place"! I think the point is not to mimick the older houses, but to provide a contrast. I like that. It would have been easy to create a mock old style house, but those often end up looking like a pastiche. Why re-hash the old? Having said that, the place could use some colour. I don't understand why "modern" has to equal stark, bland white so often. But for the lack of colour, I love the place.

Apart from the overuse of white, another habit of modern architecture seems to be the overuse of flat roofs. Sloped roofs have obvious advantages in wet climates. What is with the dogged attachment to flat roofs?

But, again, apart from the lack of colour and the flat top, I dig this shack.

I like it on its own. But in the context of the street I think it is garishly destroys the asthetic of the street. I'm stunned it received planning authority. It would be different if it was on the other side of the street, where the buildings are similarly boxlike.

Back