Post House Condos (Alterra Developments) - Real Estate -

This condo looks really good especially with the prices!

I purchased at Berczy but this condo sure does look enticing. I could have gotten a two bedroom (albeit smaller sq ft) for less than I paid for a 1+den!

How do you think the two compare in terms of location and value? Is Alterra a reputable builder?

Prices are not amazing, that is the regular market price for that area. This project is located only two blocks away from Moss Park and that is the reason for the low price compared to Berczy. Berczy is located on one if not the best corner in downtown, you cannot compare these 2 projects. Maybe you can compare it with Vu or Rezen that are located in the same area

Prices are not amazing, that is the regular market price for that area. This project is located only two blocks away from Moss Park and that is the reason for the low price compared to Berczy. Berczy is located on one if not the best corner in downtown, you cannot compare these 2 projects. Maybe you can compare it with Vu or Rezen that are located in the same area

I agree with you Carturo15.

Thats true...I didn't take into account the proximity to Moss Park. It just seemed so close to Berczy and the St. Lawrence Market area. It's so amazing how a couple streets could make such a big difference.

I can't seem to gauge the interest in this property (not a lot of talk about it)

a) What is the reputation of this builder
b) What do people think about the location
c) Prices per sq/ft are in the high 400's to low 500's
d) No information about the potential start of construction.

Any other issues?

It's just not exciting enough. When King East gets more proposals like River City--stunning architectural statements--we'll talk. PHC isn't ugly, but it's just very timid modernism. Very 2006 Toronto. We've moved on, especially in a down market when it takes more to get noticed.

a)I have no idea.
b)It's okay, if you work on Bay St, go to GBC or like downtown to be quieter.
c)Price drop coming? I think so.
d)Too early to guess--depends on the market support for new presales.

It's just not exciting enough. When King East gets more proposals like River City--stunning architectural statements--we'll talk. PHC isn't ugly, but it's just very timid modernism. Very 2006 Toronto. We've moved on, especially in a down market when it takes more to get noticed.

I agree, it's nice... but really tame and kinda boring. This should have come out a few years ago.

I love the Saint Lawrence Mkt area and thought of buying PHC cuz I missed out on the Berczy but looking at floorplans, pricing and the building design I decided to pass.
I don't think there were any units in the high 400s, the cheapest was somewhere in the mid 500's. Not worth it.

Back