CHAZ Yorkville Condos (45 Charles, Edenshaw Homes) - Real Estate -

Sunny Batra

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nothing really new to report but I have seen full page ads in Metro, The Star and the National Post.

They had the VIP preview presentation on Tuesday, July 28th and will be selling to the VIP agents first for I believe next month and a half to two months. Their prices are better than before which I will try to post sometimes by this evening.

I very much like the design of the building. They have 8 corner units per floor and amazing amenities.

Last edited:
Any agents wishing to share VIP Broker pricing and floor plans?

As promised in my previous post couple of days ago I have updated the site including old and new price list (more then $50,000 off on some units in the new price list over the old one), floor plans, and VIP incentives.
www.SunnyBatra.com/ChazOnCharles

Prices in the new price list start from $577/sq.ft.

Last edited:
hmm...what does that say about your original VIP pricing...not so "VIP" after all eh? Price drop was called for. I'm expecting a re-launch or cancellation soon. lol.

hmm...what does that say about your original VIP pricing...not so "VIP" after all eh? Price drop was called for. I'm expecting a re-launch or cancellation soon. lol.
Re-launch or cancellation for what? It's not that each agent has different prices. All the VIP agents have the same pricing which is set by the builder.

Before the developer were selling to their platinum agents (I sold some only to people who wanted to live in this building) and prices were a bit on a high scale for the VIP. After suggestions from several they decided to drop the prices for the VIP event only.Their current prices are starting form $577/sq.ft which is incredibly good given the location. I have posted the current VIP prices and the old prices on my site. Feel free to check it out www.SunnyBatra.com/ChazOnCharles

Last edited:
Your old price list was based on the 19th floor, this is based on the 7th floor. With a $1000 floor premium a correct comparison of prices would include this difference. Also, since when is Charles Street part of Yorkville? Yorkville starts N of Bloor. At least try to call it something like Lower Yorkville - kind of like the Upper Beaches rebranded itself.

As for the cancellation/re launch, I believe luxome is referring to the fact that condo sales centres have become ghost towns over the past 2 months. I've personally been in 18, on various Saturdays, and have seen a grand total of 22 other people - none of whom were in the process of buying. I think we'll see a lot of postponed projects - which is a good thing for the RE market. It will give it time to work through the excess inventory more quickly, reset prices to what they should be and hopefully the RE market will pick up again more quickly. What we're seeing is the inverse of last year and it will happen just as quick but with a much longer and drawn out end. My guess? Instead of June 2013, this'll be June 2016.

$322,800 for 428 sq ft? $754 psf on the 7th floor? you have to be really out of your mind to buy a bachelor condo at this price level. Do not forget you still need to add closing costs

Your old price list was based on the 19th floor, this is based on the 7th floor. With a $1000 floor premium a correct comparison of prices would include this difference.

to add to simuls comments, not only is there at least $19,000 floor premium (26 fl vs 7 fl) one should look at when comparing the prices; there are also the $5,000 assignment fee that was waived and $15,000-22,000 development levies/charges that were capped to $3,500-5,000 [but it's very possible that a buyer off the street could get the same incentives].

so the so called "$47,000 discount" for the 'sarti' doesn't actually exist/or that much when all things are considered.
this is just another marketing ploy by the developer to make the public feel they are getting a 'good' deal.

to add to simuls comments, not only is there at least $19,000 floor premium (26 fl vs 7 fl) one should look at when comparing the prices; there are also the $5,000 assignment fee that was waived and $15,000-22,000 development levies/charges that were capped to $3,500-5,000 [but it's very possible that a buyer off the street could get the same incentives].

so the so called "$47,000 discount" for the 'sarti' doesn't actually exist/or that much when all things are considered.
this is just another marketing ploy by the developer to make the public feel they are getting a 'good' deal.

In the old price list unit #1902 was priced at $507,900. In the new price list same unit on a 7th floor #702 is priced at $435,100. In order to do fair comparisons add the floor premium of $1,000 per floor that comes out to $11,000 from 8th to 18th floor. Adjusted price wouldl be $435,100 + $11,000 = $446,100 on a 19th floor in the new price list.

That is $61,800 less than their old price ($507,900 - $446,100) after doing the adjustments of the floor premiums. Also don’t forget all the other VIP Incentives.

Unit 702 is at $638 psf with the new price of $435,100
Whereas same unit on a 19th floor #1902 is at $682 psf with the new price of $446,100

Another exmple[/B]: Unit #707 is at $577 psf (592 sq. ft. unit and the price is $341,360 in the new price list). In the old price list same unit on the 19th floor #1907 was priced at $385,800. Currently unit #1907 is priced at $352,360 which is $33,440 less than their old price ($385,800 - $352,360).

Other VIP Incentives (such as assignment fees and development levies) are in addition to these price discounts.

From what I have seen in the past most developer do not offer the same VIP incentives to the “buyer off the street” and price of the units usually goes up by the time they open to the public. Take Five Condos for example. Their prices were almost $30k more on the 1 br units and 15k more on the 2 + Den units for the public opening which took place about a month after the VIP Agent event.

Last edited:
In the old price list unit #1902 was priced at $507,900. In the new price list same unit on a 7th floor #702 is priced at $435,100. In order to do fair comparisons add the floor premium of $1,000 per floor that comes out to $11,000 from 8th to 18th floor. Adjusted price wouldl be $435,100 + $11,000 = $446,100 on a 19th floor in the new price list.

Unit #1902 in the old price list is marked as 718 sq ft unit, while the new price list, unit 702 has 682 sq ft, it is not the same unit, not comparable

This is just a vulgar marketing ploy from the developer. They issue an insane price list with $700-$800 price psf and then they say, oh wow, big discount, now it is $600-700 psq instead. come on please. Same thing happens when the developers increase prices and one month later they announce "big discount only for one weekend" and you see the same prices before the increase. just ridiculous!

Unit #1902 in the old price list is marked as 718 sq ft unit, while the new price list, unit 702 has 682 sq ft, it is not the same unit, not comparable

This is just a vulgar marketing ploy from the developer. They issue an insane price list with $700-$800 price psf and then they say, oh wow, big discount, now it is $600-700 psq instead. come on please. Same thing happens when the developers increase prices and one month later they announce "big discount only for one weekend" and you see the same prices before the increase. just ridiculous!

Thanks Carturo15 for correcting me. I looked at it again, carefully this time and you are correct..that's very smart of the developer..lol

However comparison of unit #707 in my previous post is correct.

Back