363     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 711     0 

Live/work loft

milkmilklemonade

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently living in Queen west's Noble lofts but am looking to potentially move. I have a specific type of place I'm looking for but have had trouble finding it online and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I love the loft concept but dislike the converted, upscale Tip Top-style places. My ideal place would be something big, completely open, slightly grungy, and maybe look a little like this: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/apa/1834959143.html Something like a loading dock or even a garage door opening up to my living room would be fantastic. That place I linked to would be almost ideal if it weren't so big and if it were a bit cheaper. I also love the idea of having an isolated space, like an old mechanic's garage, so as to be as loud as I want without bothering my neighbours behind two inches of drywall.

Any help on how to find places like this would be greatly appreciated (I know I can straight-up knock on doors, but where are all the spaces like this?). I feel like everything I find online is either condo-ish, not for rent (only for sale), or way too expensive and over-the-top.

Thanks!

Hi. I'm selling my house this spring and want to rent a work/live loft. I know someone at the Noble building and wonder are any of the units there for rent as opposed to owner occupied? I am not buying in this city again and haven't rented for a very long time so I'm sure the hunt will be a shock. Thanks!

I'm not positive, but pretty sure that all of the Noble loft buildings (34, 24 and 26) have some non-owner tenants. I myself am still a non-owner and renting.

Rent is going up fast though - get a hold of your friend for the landlord's number!

I'm not positive, but pretty sure that all of the Noble loft buildings (34, 24 and 26) have some non-owner tenants. I myself am still a non-owner and renting.

Rent is going up fast though - get a hold of your friend for the landlord's number!

Unfortunately, my friend owns his unit. Is there any internal posting of units for rent?

Actually I've been checking out ads on the Internet and everything looks to be newly constructed "lofts" that are really just condo apartments. I am going to be in the market for a hard loft myself because art is messy and I'd rather construct my own "rooms" in an open space. Don't need pretty. Have you had any luck MilkMilk in finding hard loft buildings in this city?

Back