Toronto Peter Street Condominiums | 129.84m | 40s | CentreCourt | a—A

gristle

Member Bio
Reaction score
This preliminary proposal was presented at the King-Spadina community meeting on August 14th. The building would be situated at the corner of the block defined by Adelaide Street, Peter Street and Drummond Place. Presently, the buildings on that block consist of a small number two floor structures. The notable businesses now there include the Adelaide Street Pub, the Roosevelt Room and the former (infamous) Club 338.

The architect is aA (Peter Clewes presented), and the proposed height was 129 metres.

Unfortunately I can't recall the developer.

322-340 Adelaide West:

322-340AdelaideWest.jpg

Think gristle means July 14th... At least I hope.

In his presentation, Clewes mentioned that the height was not set in stone. He did note that at 129 metres, the proposed structure would fall near the envelope of diminishing heights as buildings approach Queen and Spadina Streets.

The lower portion of the building would be designed so as to fit with the existing structures in the area. The tower portion up top would be further set back.

One recommendation from the audience that Clewes agreed with was to push the building back on the lot in order to enlarge sidewalk space at the corner of both Adelaide and Peter.

35 stories? wow. I live around there. traffic and noise will probably be horrible!!! how long before construction starts?:confused:

Don't worry, this is nowhere near construction. There isn't even a set design or height to the building as of yet, but it will likely be in the 100 metre range.

MODS: I have made an error regarding the addresses. The stretch of buildings included in the proposal also includes 330 Adelaide Street West (330-340 Adelaide Street West). I'm doing much of this from memory since my pen died at the meeting.

According to this post, it will be 40 floors.

328 Adelaide Street West

Rezoning application for new 40 storey mixed use building with retail at grade, second and third floor commercial office space - 330 residential units, 118 parking spaces - 5 levels below grade parking.

Assuming that it gets past the City Planning dartboard, this will be yet another of the multitude of talls going up in this neighborhood. Does anybody have a running total of the number of tall buildings proposed, approved, or under construction in the Entertainment District?

Last edited:

Back