Lofts 399 Condos (Cresford Development) - Real Estate -

Granny

Member Bio
Reaction score
Need some solid feedback on this one, guys.
Instead of some agent telling me how great this project is, I want to find what has been going on here.
Hell, there are are weeds growing in a 3foot excavated hole and a backhoe that sitting there and it looks like its been there for quite a while.
I know its Cresford and I know what their past reputation for communication, workmanship, and after sales service has been like. Has that improved?
Can I get some objective honest comments relating to this one? Thanks.

Never dealt with Cresford, but I can tell you that, while the lot sat empty for quite a long time (years), the backhoe and the 3-foot hole are both developments that have been unfolding in the last couple of weeks. The activity is definitely new and recent, so it seems like things are happening.

I'm seeing something I really like in this building. Thinking of buying.
This section on Adelaide sitting quietly just off of Spadina and comfortably between Queen and and King really intrigues me as showing great investment potential. I can't imagine it staying quiet like this as the area surrounding contiues to develop so quickly. My concern is the building itself is the third in a series of three. This being the last.
The one way traffic on this street, I think, has probably held back the rapid residential growth compared to Queen and King.
I understand it was put on hold for quite some time.
I believe the the other two buildings here are called Quad Lofts. Anyone out there living in these previous two buildings, or have friends that do? Would you be able to to give me any input on this development?
Your input and and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure how much help this will be, but I've been in the building(Quad Lofts) a couple times. There's no concierge (I'm asuming 399 will be the same way). I came away impressed as the units do not have the typical finishes you'd see in the average condo/loft. Keep in mind that you're quite close to a lot of the clubs...especially Brant House and the neighbouring club called Jet...music may be an issue (if you get a south facing unit) as more clubs/lounges open up in the area. A lot of partygoers roaming around that area.

Not sure how much help this will be, but I've been in the building(Quad Lofts) a couple times. There's no concierge (I'm asuming 399 will be the same way). I came away impressed as the units do not have the typical finishes you'd see in the average condo/loft. Keep in mind that you're quite close to a lot of the clubs...especially Brant House and the neighbouring club called Jet...music may be an issue (if you get a south facing unit) as more clubs/lounges open up in the area. A lot of partygoers roaming around that area.

That was quick. Thanks Jaybee.
Maybe I'm crazy but I see that as a plus. My neices and nephews are absolutely gaga nuts over this area. They see the neighborhood as 'party central' and are already vieing for position to rent this from me. My birthday is coming up. Shoud be very fruitful .
LOL.

Hi I'm new to this forum. My first post/response/activity of any kind.
I live a block away from the Quad lofts. I considered buying when they first marketed but prices were just out of my range (at least for the size I wanted). I was (and still am) very impressed with the development. The buildings are well constructed and finishes are first-rate.
I know the neighbourhood extremely well and will probably never move out of it. I LOVE it! The nearby nightclubbing might be an issue (if you're an "early-to-bed" prude) otherwise it's a feast for the senses. There are a number of parks nearby, and many of the buildings in the general area are heritage-protected (believe me, this adds considerably to property values over time). The location is also heaven for public transit users as the King streetcar is right there, the Spadina LRT a minute or two away, and the King subway station about a 10-minute walk. The bohemian excitement that Queen St. is famous for is also only a few minutes away. The neighbourhood is quite safe as long as you have a "standard level of common sense". You can PM me if you want more info or have any specific questions.

Back